|Key people||Mike Dunn, Nick Ross|
|Products||Venture capital trust, Enterprise Investment Scheme|
Iona Capital Ltd is a fund management company, managing equity and debt for private and institutional investors. The fund manager seeks to invest in start-up companies which contribute to the UK Government target of reducing waste sent to landfill and places emphasis on strong management teams.
The Company was established by Nick Ross and Mike Dunn in 2011 with a focus on renewable energy infrastructure projects. Since its conception, the Iona Capital Ltd has been making financially driven investments primarily in the Anaerobic Digestion (AD) plants. Mike Dunn brought 20 years of waste management and investment infrastructure experience to the company. Nick Ross has a broad range of investment experience having sat on a number of investee company boards.
Funds under management
The fund was launched by the Company in 2009  to invest in Anaerobic Digestion (AD) or In-vessel composting (IVC) plant operations, or companies demonstrating similar investment characteristics. In July 2011 the Company has launched a further fund by the issue of a new class of share, the B shares, and broadening its investing policy to allow to invest in the environmental infrastructure projects, focussing on organic waste recycling in the UK. The IEVCT fund offered a unique opportunity for the investors to contribute to development of renewable energy generation projects.
Iona Environmental Infrastructure LP (IEILP)
IEILP was established in 2011 to attract institutional investors.
Current portfolio of investments
These are the portfolio startups that have been publicly announced (as at April 2013) under the care of Iona Capital Ltd.
|Rosewood Energy Limited ||Anaerobic Digestion||January, 2012|
|Biogen Gwyriad Limited ||Anaerobic Digestion||July, 2012|
|R3 Products Limited ||Plastic molding (process)||September, 2012|
|Gradena Limited ||Plastic molding||October, 2012|
|Biogen Waen Limited ||Anaerobic Digestion||October, 2012|
|Stanley Renewable Energy Limited ||Anaerobic Digestion||December, 2012|
|JFS Howla Hay Biogas Limited ||Anaerobic Digestion||March, 2013|
- "Company Overview of Iona Capital Ltd". Businessweek. Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- "London Waste & Recycling Board". London Waste & Recycling Board. Retrieved 21 January 2013.
- "Dunn Brings Waste Management Knowhow to Iona VCT". Morningstar. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- "Iona Environmental VCT Plc". London Stock Exchange. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- "Iona Environmental VCT Plc". BLOOMBERG L.P. Retrieved 15 November 2009.
- "IEVCT Annual Report and Accounts, 2011". London Stock Exchange. Retrieved 30 January 2012.
- "Publication of Prospectus". London Stock Exchange. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- "Iona Capital launches Environmental VCT". FTAdviser. Retrieved 17 October 2011.
- "Investment industry 'not meeting demand of ethical investors'". We Know Money. Retrieved October 2011.
- "How waste provides organic growth". FTAdviser. Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- "Biogen secures investment for UK waste-to-energy plant expansion". New Energy World Network. Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- "Contract Signing for GwyriAD project". Cyngor Gwynedd Council. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Gwynedd: Llwyn Isaf GwyriAD anaerobic digester work starts". BBC News. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- "Iona Capital invests in R3 Products". Plastics and Rubber Weekly. Retrieved 28 September 2012.
- "Iona Capital Invests in Tire Recycling Project". Recycling Today. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- "Biogen Announce Second AD Plant For Wales". Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM). Retrieved 1 November 2012.
- "Funding for Anaerobic Digestion Biogas Plant on Cumbrian Farm". Waste Management World. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- "Iona Capital finances farm scale anaerobic digestion plant". Bioenergy Net. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- Iona Capital Ltd (company website)