From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up iota in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Iota is the ninth letter of the Greek alphabet. It is also a term used in conversation to metaphorically suggest something very small (i.e. "the least iota").
Iota may also refer to:
- Ɩ or Latin iota, a letter of the Latin alphabet
- Iota (barque), a vessel from the port of Naples, wrecked in December 1893
- iOTA (entertainer), an Australian singer and actor
- Iota, Louisiana, a town in the United States
- Iota and Jot, two esoteric programming languages
- Iota (Milestone Comics), a superhero in the comic book Heroes
- Iota (comic strip), a syndicated newspaper comic strip by Mike Keefe and Tim Menees
- The Iota Toxin, a type of pore forming toxin that acts to destroy the actin cytoskeleton
- Infrared Optical Telescope Array (IOTA)
- International Occultation Timing Association (IOTA)
- Intra-European Organisation of Tax Administrations (IOTA)
- Islands on the Air (IOTA), a list of islands maintained by the Radio Society of Great Britain
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.