Epoch J2000.0 Equinox J2000.0
|Right ascension||23h 39m 57.04s|
|Declination||+05° 37′ 34.6″|
|Apparent magnitude (V)||4.13|
|Spectral type||F7 V|
|U−B color index||+0.01|
|B−V color index||+0.50|
|Radial velocity (Rv)||+5.0 km/s|
|Proper motion (μ)||RA: 377.15 ± 0.19 mas/yr
Dec.: -437.43 ± 0.15 mas/yr
|Parallax (π)||72.92 ± 0.15 mas|
|Distance||44.73 ± 0.09 ly
(13.71 ± 0.03 pc)
|Absolute magnitude (MV)||3.43|
|Radius||1.595 ± 0.014 R☉|
|Luminosity||3.555 ± 0.058 L☉|
|Temperature||6,288 ± 37 K|
Iota Piscium (Iota Psc, ι Piscium, ι Psc) is an F-type main-sequence star 45 light years from Earth, in the constellation Pisces. Its spectral type is F7V, which means that it is somewhat larger and brighter than the Sun, but still within the range considered to have the potential for Earth-like planets. It has a surface temperature of about 6,000 to 7,500 K. Iota Piscium is a suspected to be a variable star, and was once thought to have one or two stellar companions, but both are line-of-sight coincidences.
In Chinese, 霹靂 (Pī Lì), meaning Thunderbolt, refers to an asterism consisting of refers to an asterism consisting of ι Piscium, β Piscium, γ Piscium, θ Piscium, and ω Piscium. Consequently, ι Piscium itself is known as 霹靂四 (Pī Lì sì, English: the Fourth Star of Thunderbolt.)
- "Simbad Query Result". Simbad Astronomical Object Database. Retrieved April 4, 2007.
- van Leeuwen, F. (2007). "Validation of the new Hipparcos reduction". Astronomy and Astrophysics 474 (2): 653–664. arXiv:0708.1752. Bibcode:2007A&A...474..653V. doi:10.1051/0004-6361:20078357. Vizier catalog entry
- Boyajian, Tabetha S. et al. (February 2012), "Stellar Diameters and Temperatures. I. Main-sequence A, F, and G Stars", The Astrophysical Journal 746 (1): 101, arXiv:1112.3316, Bibcode:2012ApJ...746..101B, doi:10.1088/0004-637X/746/1/101. See Table 10.
- Kaler, James B., "Iota Piscium", Stars (University of Illinois url=http://www.astro.uiuc.edu/~kaler/sow/iotapsc.html)
- (Chinese) AEEA (Activities of Exhibition and Education in Astronomy) 天文教育資訊網 2006 年 7 月 8 日