Iowa City Municipal Airport
|Iowa City Municipal Airport|
|IATA: IOW – ICAO: KIOW|
|Operator||Jet Air Inc|
|Location||Iowa City, Iowa|
|Elevation AMSL||668 ft / 203.6 m|
Iowa City Municipal Airport (IATA: IOW, ICAO: KIOW) is a general aviation airport on the southwest side of Iowa City in Johnson County, Iowa, United States|USA. It is at , along the Iowa River. The Iowa City Airport is the oldest civil airport west of the Mississippi River still in its original location, and is the second busiest general aviation airport in the state.
Iowa City Municipal Airport has two runways:
- Runway 7/25: 5,004 x 100 ft concrete
- Runway 12/30: 3,900 x 75 ft concrete
There is an airport terminal building, an aircraft maintenance shop, two corporate hangar buildings, a multi-plane hangar with attached office area, and five buildings with 60 individual hangars (T-hangars).
- CTAF/UNICOM: 122.8
- WX ASOS: 128.075 (319-339-9491)
- CEDAR RAPIDS APPROACH: 119.7
- CHICAGO ARTCC APPROACH: 134.05
- CEDAR RAPIDS DEPARTURE: 119.7
- CHICAGO ARTCC DEPARTURE: 134.05
- CLEARANCE DELIVERY: 119.05
- WX ASOS at CID (16 nm NW): 124.15 (319-363-9021)
APCH/DEP SVC PRVDD BY CHICAGO ARTCC ON FREQS 132.8/328.4 (CEDAR RAPIDS RCAG) WHEN CEDAR RAPIDS APCH CTL CLSD.
Line Services are available from the FBO;
Jet-Air Inc (319) 248-1200 7 AM - 7 PM
- Fuel: 100LL and Jet A; mechanics; instruction; charter and aircraft rental
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in Iowa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Iowa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|