iPhoneography also known as i4neography is an art of creating photos with an Apple iPhone. It's a style of mobile photography that differs from other forms of digital photography in that images are shot and processed on the iOS device. It does not matter whether a photo is edited using different graphics applications or not. However, this issue is often argued over among iPhone photographers.
iPhoneography has grown quickly since the original iPhone 2G with its 2 megapixel camera was released in 2007. As the iPhone cameras improved in both resolution and image quality, more professional photographers ventured into this art form and started recognizing the value of an iPhone image. The New York Times published a summer series of reportages using Instagram in August, 2011. The photographer Damon Winter won prizes for his Hipstamatic photos of the war in Afghanistan.
iPhoneography techniques 
iPhoneography techniques are created using iOS-based apps.
Basic editing techniques are:
- Adjusting color
- Black & white
- Blending images
- Collage & Mixed media
- Darken a photo
- Depth of field
- Fix perspective
- Refiltering, or Re-applying a filter
- Selective colouring
- Soft focus
- Street Photography
- Underwater photography
Basic effects are:
iPhoneography Tools 
There are many accessories available to iPhone photographers.
- Lens systems clip directly on to the iPhone. 3-in-1 systems such as olloclip allow photographers to take fish eye, macro and wide angle shots with the iPhone.
- Tripods provide stability and prevent camera movement. They aid the photographer in low light. The iStabilizer Flex mounts the iPhone to virtually any surface with it's flexible legs.
- Tripod mounts are designed to connect the iPhone to the tripod. The glif and the iStabilizer Mount will mount the iPhone to any standard tripod.
- Headphones can be used as a shutter release. The + (volume up) button acts as a shutter release for the camera.
The list of iPhone most popular applications that allow to take a photo, apply editing and effects and share it in different social media:
- Photoforge 2
- VSCO CAM
- Photoshop Touch
- Pixlr Express
- Camera Pro
- Color Splash effect
- FX Photo Studio
- 360 Panorama
- LINE camera
- Color Splash Studio
- Wood Camera App
- Question: What is iPhoneography?
- Roberts, Stephanie (2011). The Art of Iphoneography. Pixiq. ISBN 978-1600599231.
- Goldsworthy, Sophie (2011). The Rough Guide to Digital Photography. Rough Guides. p. 187. ISBN 978-1405381178.
- Evans, Glyn. "iphoneography". Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- Fitz-Gerald, Nicki. "iphoneographycentral". Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- Yawnick, Marty. "Life in Lofi: Iphoneography". Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- The Fluid Human Dance That Is Grand Central
- Between Firefights, Jokes, Sweat and Tedium
- iPhoneography?, included a Pulitzer Prize
- iPhone Photography tips & tricks
- Life in LoFi: iPhoneography
- iPhoneography Central
- iPhoneography: Capturing The Digital Age
- iPhoneography Apps Uncovered May 2012
- How to Make a $1 iPhone Macro Lens
- Blemished Eye: iPhoneography as fine art