6 May 1975 |
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
|Domestic team information|
|2005||Papua New Guinea|
|List A debut||1 July 2005 Papua New Guinea v Netherlands|
|Last List A||11 July 2005 Papua New Guinea v Uganda|
|Source: CricketArchive, 14 July 2008|
Born in Port Moresby in 1975, Ipi Morea first played for Papua New Guinea in the 1996 ACC Trophy in Malaysia. This was followed the next year by an appearance in the 1997 ICC Trophy, also in Malaysia and a second ACC Trophy, in Nepal, in 1998.
After this start it would be nearly four years before he next played for Papua New Guinea, returning for the 2002 Pacifica Cup in Apia. The following year he represented Papua New Guinea at the 2003 South Pacific Games, winning a gold medal in the cricket tournament. In 2004 and 2005, he played for a combined East Asia Pacific team in the Australian National Country Cricket Championship.
Also in 2005, he played in the repêchage tournament of the 2005 ICC Trophy. Papua New Guinea won the tournament after beating Fiji in the final. This qualified them for the 2005 ICC Trophy in Ireland in which Morea played, making his List A debut.
He has not played for Papua New Guinea since 2005 but has continued to play for the combined East Asia Pacific Team in the Australian National Country Cricket Championships in 2006, 2007 and 2008. He was named fielder of the tournament in 2006.
- Cricinfo profile
- CricketArchive profile
- Other matches played by Ipi Morea at CricketArchive
- ICC Trophy matches played by Ipi Morea at CricketArchive
- Scorecard of Fiji v Papua New Guinea, 9 August 2003 at tournament official website
- Scorecard of Fiji v Papua New Guinea, 27 February 2005 at CricketArchive
- List A matches played by Ipi Morea at CricketArchive
- 2006 Australian National Country Cricket Championships at CricketArchive