Ira (עִירָא, Standard Hebrew ʿIra, Tiberian Hebrew ʿÎrâ) is male and female given name. In Hebrew, it means watchful. It is pronounced EE-rah or EYE-rah. Ira (ईरा) in Sanskrit is the name of the wind-god who is father of the monkey god Hanuman. Ira (इरा) is daughter of Daksha who was married to the sage Kashyap; another name for Sarasvati. Ira is also a nickname for Ireneo, Irenej, Ireneus and Irinij.
- Ira Aldridge (1807–1867), U.S. stage actor
- Ira Allen (1751–1814), one of the founders of Vermont
- Ira Angustain (b. 1958), U.S. actor
- Ira Aten (1862-1953), Texas Ranger
- Ira Babcock (c. 1808–1888), American pioneer
- Ira Baldwin (1895–1999), founder of the Wisconsin Academy Foundation
- Ira Basen, Canadian radio producer
- Ira Coleman Batman (1862–1934), U.S. jurist and politician
- Ira Berkow (b. 1940), Pulitzer Prize-winning sports reporter
- Ira Berlin (b. 1941), American historian
- Ira Bowman (b. 1973), American professional basketball player
- Ira Byock, physician and author
- Ira Condict (1764–1811), third President of Queen's College
- Ira Clifton Copley (1864–1947), U.S. politician and newspaper publisher
- Ira C. Eaker (1896–1987), general of the United States Army Air Forces
- Ira Allen Eastman (1809-1881), U.S. Representative from New Hampshire
- Ira Elliot, drummer for the band Nada Surf
- Ira Flatow, U.S. journalist
- Ira A. Fulton (b. 1931), U.S. businessman
- Ira Fuchs, U.S. founder of BITNET
- Ira Gershwin, lyricist and brother of composer George Gershwin
- Ira Glass, U.S. radio personality
- Ira B. Harkey Jr. (1918–2006), Pulitzer Prize winning author
- Ira Hayes, U.S. Marine, immortalized in the iconic photograph of the flag raising on Iwo Jima
- Ira B. Hyde (1838–1926), Republican representative from Missouri, USA
- Ira H. Abbott (1906-1988), Assistant Director and Director of Aeronautical and Space Research, NACA and then NASA
- Ira Kaplan, U.S. musician, singer and guitarist for Yo La Tengo
- Ira Levin, U.S. novelist
- Ira C. Owens (b. 1936), Lieutenant General of the United States Army
- Ira Sankey, American gospel singer and composer, associated with evangelist Dwight L. Moody
- Ira Sharkansky (b. 1938), professor emeritus of political science at Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Ira Shor, American academic working in critical pedagogy.
- Ira D. Sankey, Music composer, singer and member of the team of D L Moody the evangelist.
- Ira (mythology), a goddess in Polynesian mythology
- Ira (ईरा) in Sanskrit (Monier Monier-Williams) is wind. Ira-putra is Hanuman the Hindu monkey god. Ira (इरा) is any drinkable fluid (especially of milk); food, refreshment; comfort, enjoyment; name of an Apsara; daughter of Daksha who was married to the sage Kashyap; water; the earth; speech; the Hindu goddess of wisdom, knowledge, music & art: Sarasvati.
- Ira Goldstein, ASB Bank character
- Ayra, a fictional character from Nintendo's Fire Emblem series; known in Japan as "Aira"
- Ira Buchman, a character in the US television series, Mad About You