Iran University of Medical Sciences
|Iran University of Medical Science|
|دانشگاه علوم پزشکی و خدمات بهداشتي درماني ایران|
|President||Seyed Javad Haji-Miresmaiel|
|Location||Tehran, Tehran Province, Iran|
Iran University of Medical Science (IUMS) is one of the largest medical schools in Iran.
The school was state operated, and its current reincarnation trains 7,000 students in the medical field.
Its students rank among the very top 1% of Iran's students in the national ranking entrance exams for universities.
The University operates six schools, two centers, two institutes, twenty nine research centers, thirteen teaching and fifteen non-teaching hospitals in Tehran.
On 29 October 2010 it was merged with Tehran University of Medical Sciences. The university was disbanded on 30 October 2010; The Education and Research Deputies were merged with Tehran University of Medical Sciences while the Health deputy was merged with Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences.
On 8 April 2013, the health ministry announced that the university would be held up again, as the health deputy of Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences was unable to perform well and faculty members and students of Former IUMS did not accept all the terms and had many concerns regarding the merging.
- Higher Education in Iran
- List of universities in Iran
- List of hospitals in Iran
- Iran University of Medical Sciences's library management system
- "دانشگاه علوم پزشكي ايران منحل شد". Jamejam online. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- Avesta Razavi. "در اجراي تصميم دولت، كليه واحد هاي آموزشي، پژوهشي و دانشجوئي دانشگاه علوم پزشكي ايران به دانشگاه علوم پزشكي تهران منتقل شد". Public relations. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- Avesta Razavi MD. "دانشگاه علوم پزشكي ايران مجددا احيا مي شود/دكتر اعتماديان سرپرست جديد دانشگاه علوم پزشكي ايران". Public relations. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
|This Iran university, college or other higher education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|