The front cover of a contemporary Iranian biometric passport.
|Type of document||Passport|
|Eligibility requirements||Iranian citizenship|
|Expiration||Iranian passport is not valid for travel to Israel|
The Iranian passports are burgundy, with Iranian Coat of Arms emblazoned on the top of the front cover.
Iran started issuing diplomatic and service biometric passports in July, 2007. Ordinary biometric passports began to be issued on February 20, 2011. These passports contain 40 pages.
To view the relevant Visa requirements and/or travel restrictions placed on Iranian passport holders, please view Visa requirements for Iranian citizens.
Gallery of historic images
- Iranian national identity card
- List of passports
- Visa requirements for Iranian citizens
- Iranian nationality law
- Moaveni, Azadeh (1 June 2009). "Roxana Saberi and How Journalism Works in Iran". Time. Time Inc. Archived from the original on 25 January 2010. Retrieved 25 January 2010. "Israel also figures into the peculiar regulations Iranian journalists must contend with. The fine print of my Iranian passport clearly states that the bearer of this passport is forbidden from traveling to occupied Palestine.""
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Iran
- Iranian Interests Section at Pakistani Embassy (Washington D.C.)
- Continental visa & passport requirement database
|This Iran-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This passport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|