Iranians in Republic of Azerbaijan
|Regions with significant populations|
|Baku • Lankaran • Nakhchivan • Sumqayit|
Iranians in Azerbaijan (Azerbaijani: azərbaycan'daki İranlılar) refers to citizens of Iranian nationality and Iranian citizens abroad who are citizens and permanent residents who live in the Azerbaijan. They mainly have Azerbaijani backgrounds, but a minority are Persians. Iranian Azerbaijanis have emigrated and resettled in large numbers, in Baku and other Major Cities in Azerbaijan.
- Qasem-e Anvar, poet and Sufi
- Mirza Ibrahimov, Azerbaijani writer, playwright, state and public figure.
- Rubaba Muradova, was an Azerbaijani opera and folk singer.
- Qulam Yahya Daneshian, General of Azerbaijan People's Government.
- Madina Gulgun, peotess
Ali Nazem, was Azerbaijani-language writers and poet.
Jalil Mammadguluzadeh, was Azerbaijani-language writers.
Mir Jalal Pashayev, was Azerbaijani-language writers.
Mirza Fatali Akhundov, was a celebrated Azerbaijani author, playwright, philosopher, and founder of modern literary criticism
Ali Salimi, was an Azerbaijani musician, composer and tar player.
Fatma Mukhtarova, was a Soviet opera singer.
- "Azerbaijan". Ethnologue. 2013. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- "AZERBAIJAN vi. Population and its Occupations and Culture". Encyclopædia Iranica. August 18, 2011. Retrieved August 18, 2013.