Iraqi detainees at Guantanamo Bay
There were initially 16 Iraqi detainees in Guantanamo.
In 2005, nine Iraqi citizens were held in the United States's Guantanamo Bay detention camps, in Cuba. Eight of them have been repatriated, four as late as 2009. As of January 2015, 122 detainees remain at Guantanamo. Among them Abdul Hadi al Iraqi is the last Iraqi citizen in Guantanamo.
|111||Ali Abdul Motalib Awayd Hassan Al Tayeea||2002-05-03||2009-01-17||
|433||Jawad Jabber Sadkhan||2002-05-03||2009-06-10|
|435||Hassan Abdul Said||2002-05-05||2009-01-17|
|563||Sohab Masud Mohammed||2002-05-05||2004-03-31|
|648||Haydar Jabbar Hafez Al Tamini||2004-03-31|
|653||Arkan Mohammad Ghafil Al Karim||2002-06-08||2009-01-17|
|758||Abbas Habid Rumi Al Naely||2002-08-05||2009-01-17|
|906||Bisher Amin Khalil Al Rawi||2003-02-07||2007-03-30|
|10025||Abdul Hadi al Iraqi||2007-04-27||
- OARDEC (May 15, 2006). "List of Individuals Detained by the Department of Defense at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba from January 2002 through May 15, 2006" (PDF). United States Department of Defense. Retrieved 2007-09-29.
- "Citizens of Iraq - The Guantánamo Docket". The New York Times.
- Hadeel Al-Shalchi, Qassim Abdul-Zahra (2009-02-09). "4 ex-Gitmo prisoners transferred to Iraqi custody". Associated Press. Retrieved 2009-02-09.[dead link] mirror
- Brennan, Margaret (2015-01-14). "5 more detainees transferred from Guantanamo". CBS News. Retrieved 2015-01-14.
- It's Hard Out Here for an Iraqi: The story of "Pimp Daddy," an Iraqi detainee at Guantánamo, The Weekly Standard, March 27, 2006
- Britain will ask U.S. to hand over Guantanamo detainee, Duluth News Tribune, March 27, 2006
- Courted as Spies, Held as Combatants: British Residents Enlisted by MI5 After Sept. 11 Languish at Guantanamo, Washington Post, April 2, 2006
- Kim Sengupta (April 3, 2007). "Freedom bitter-sweet, best friend still at Guantanamo". New Zealand Herald. Retrieved March 31, 2007.