Ireland–Pakistan relations are the political, economic and cultural relations between Ireland and Pakistan. Ireland is represented in Pakistan through its embassy in Tehran, Iran. Pakistan has an embassy in Dublin.
|This section requires expansion. (May 2010)|
Pakistan established its Embassy in Dublin on 1 March 2001."
In April 2004 while Ireland had the Presidency of the European Council representing the EU on the world stage, Irish European Affairs Minister Dick Roche said that the EU should engage with Pakistan to bolster its democracy.
In December 2004, Humayun Akhtar Khan, Pakistani Minister for Commerce accompanied by Tariq Iqbal Puri, the Economic Minister of the Embassy of Pakistan in Brussels, met with the Irish Minister responsible for trade policy, Michael Ahern in the Irish Department of Enterprise, Trade & Employment. The Pakistani commerce minister briefed the Irish about the improving economic conditions in Pakistan and government reforms in the economic sector.
In April 2007, a memorandum of understanding was signed for the establishment of a Pakistan-Ireland Joint Business Council by Zubair F. Tufail, Vice President of the FPCCI and Diarmuid Hegarty vice Chairman of the Ireland-Pakistan Business Council in the presence of Michael Ahren, Irish Minister for International Trade, T.D and Irish Ambassador in Islamabad.
Pakistan's trade with Ireland significantly increased between 2004 and 2007. Major Pakistani exports to Ireland included cotton fabrics, made-ups articles of textile material, carpets, rugs and medical and surgical instruments.
- Foreign relations of the Republic of Ireland
- Irish diaspora
- Foreign relations of Pakistan
- Pakistani diaspora
- "Closure of mission: In Ireland, thousands of Pakistanis left in the lurch". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 13 July 2014.
- "Ireland to support Pakistan on market access.". Pakistan Press International. 16 December 2004.
- "EU/PAKISTAN: IRELAND'S EUROPEAN AFFAIRS MINISTER SEEKS ENGAGEMENT.". European Report. 7 April 2004.
- "Pakistan gets Irish support for EU market access.". Asia Africa Intelligence Wire. 17 December 2004.
- "Ireland doubles aid to quake-hit Pakistan". RTÉ NEWS.
- "Com. Pakistan-Ireland Joint Business Council planned.". Pakistan Press International. April 6, 2007.
- "Pakistan bilateral trade with Ireland, Germany swells to US$ 4.88 billion.". Pakistan Press International. 8 March 2007.
- Irish embassy in Tehran (also accredited to Pakistan)
- Irish Ministry of Foreign Affairs: direction of the honorary consulate in Karachi
- Pakistani embassy in Dublin