Irene Steer (10 August 1889 – 18 April 1977) was a Welsh freestyle swimmer, who competed in the 1912 Summer Olympics. She was born and died in Cardiff.
She won the gold medal in relay together with her teammates Jennie Fletcher, Annie Speirs and Belle Moore.
In the 100 metre freestyle competition she was eliminated in the semi-finals.
She was the first Welsh woman to win an Olympic gold meda.
- ^ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7554196.stm. Retrieved 1 June 2012
- 1912: Great Britain (Moore, Fletcher, Speirs, Steer)
- 1920: USA (Woodridge, Schroth, Guest, Bleibtrey)
- 1924: USA (Donnelly, Ederle, Lackie, Wehselau)
- 1928: USA (Lambert, Osipowich, Saville, Norelius)
- 1932: USA (Johns, Saville, McKim, Madison)
- 1936: Netherlands (Selbach, Wagner, Den Ouden, Mastenbroek)
- 1948: USA (Corridon, Kalama, Helser, Curtis)
- 1952: Hungary (I. Novák, Temes, E. Novák, Szőke)
- 1956: Australia (Fraser, Leech, Morgan, Crapp)
- 1960: USA (Spillane, Stobs, Wood, von Saltza)
- 1964: USA (Stouder, de Varona, Watson, Ellis)
- 1968: USA (Barkman, Gustavson, Pedersen, Henne)
- 1972: USA (Babashoff, Barkman, Kemp, Neilson)
- 1976: USA (Peyton, Sterkel, Babashoff, Boglioli)
- 1980: East Germany (Krause, Metschuck, Diers, Hülsenbeck)
- 1984: USA (Johnson, Steinseifer, Torres, Hogshead)
- 1988: East Germany (Otto, Meißner, Hunger, Stellmach)
- 1992: USA (Haislett, Martino, Thompson, Torres)
- 1996: USA (Martino, Van Dyken, Fox, Thompson)
- 2000: USA (Van Dyken, Shealy, Thompson, Torres)
- 2004: Australia (Mills, Lenton, Thomas, Henry)
- 2008: Netherlands (Dekker, Kromowidjojo, Heemskerk, Veldhuis)
- 2012: Australia (Coutts, Campbell, Elmslie, Schlanger)