Irina Shayk in Lisbon, April 2012
|Born||Irina Valeryevna Shaykhlislamova
January 6, 1986
Yemanzhelinsk, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Measurements||34-23-35 (US); 86-58-88 (EU)|
|Dress size||(US) 4; (EU) 34|
|Manager||The Lions-New York, Women Milan-Milan, Elite-Paris, Select Model Management-London, Modelwerk-Hamburg, Elite Barcelona-Barcelona, Elite Stockholm-Stockholm, |
Irina Shayk (born January 6, 1986), sometimes credited as Irina Sheik (Russian: Ирина Шейк), born Irina Valeryevna Shaykhlislamova (Russian: Ирина Валерьевна Шайхлисламова), is a Russian model and actress known for her appearances in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue between 2007 and 2014. She was the cover model for the 2011 issue.
Shayk was born in Yemanzhelinsk, Russia, to Volga Tatar coal miner Valery and ethnic Russian kindergarten music teacher Olga. She has said that she inherited her looks from her father and that people often think she is South American: "My father was dark skinned, because he was Tatar, sometimes Tatars can look Brazilian... I get my light eyes from my mother." She has one sibling, a sister named Tatiana.
Shayk started playing piano at age six. At age nine she enrolled in a music school and studied there for seven years, both playing the piano and singing in the choir, since her mother wanted her to study music. Her father died of complications of pneumonia when she was 14, leaving her family with little money and forcing her mother to work two jobs to provide for the family.
After high school, Shayk studied marketing but was bored by it and entered a beauty school with her older sister. While there, she was noticed by a person from a local modeling agency who was struck by her beauty. She was urged to participate in the "Miss Chelyabinsk 2004" beauty contest and she won.
In 2007, she replaced Ana Beatriz Barros as the face of Intimissimi, and in the same year debuted in the annual Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. Since that time, she has appeared in every annual edition, attending photoshoots in such places as St. Petersburg, Naples, Grenada and Chile.
After being the image of Intimissimi for three years, Shayk was made the official ambassador for the brand in 2010. Her other modeling contracts include Beach Bunny (2009), and Guess spring/summer 2009. Other work include the Victoria's Secret catalog, Lacoste, Cesare Paciotti and Morellato. Her magazine covers include Annabelle, Bolero, Woman, Twelv, Jalouse, and Paris Capital. She signed with modeling agency IMG on May 2009.
|Shayk's Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover from February 22, 2011|
Shayk modeled the Armani Exchange spring/summer 2010 campaign. She also starred in Kanye West's "Power", directed by artist Marco Brambilla. She was on the cover of Ocean Drive and GQ South Africa for the August issue. She ranked first in the "50 Hottest Russian Women" list by Complex magazine.
She made a change from swimwear to high fashion with a spread in Spain's Harper's Bazaar and landed the cover of Elle Spain for their November 2010 issue. Glamour Spain awarded her "Best International Model of 2010".(Spanish: Mejor Modelo Internacional). At the end of the year she was pictured nude in the GQ Spain December issue; however, she claimed that she had not stripped for the photoshoot, and that the magazine had digitally altered the images to remove her lingerie.
On the February 14, 2011 episode of the Late Show with David Letterman, it was revealed via billboard that Shayk was the covermodel for the 2011 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. This is the fifth time she has been featured in the magazine, but the first time she has been on the cover. She is the first Russian to appear on the cover. Shayk became the face of swim label Luli Fama's 2011 advertising campaign and look book. She also appears in the John John Denim ad campaign. In 2011 she covered magazines such as Tatler Russia, Twelv, Cosmopolitan Spain, GQ Mexico Glamour Spain, Amica Italy and appeared on the covered of Elle Spain the special edition for Christmas. She also worked for many brands like Rampage, replacing Bar Refaeli, Replay and XTI. She currently ranks 14th in the "Top 20 Sexiest Models" list on Models.com.
In 2011 she was voted "Sexiest Woman In The World" in the Hungarian magazine Periodika.
In 2012 she covered Esquire UK, Harper's Bazaar Arabia and Ukraine, Marie Claire Ukraine,Spain and Russia, GQ Germany, Glamour Russia and appeared on 14 Cosmopolitan spring covers worldwide. She also covered S Moda Spain and The Sunday Time Style UK. She also did an editorial for Vanity fair Italy The same year, she has appeared in campaigns for Morellato, Agua Bendita and Blanco. Shayk is also the new face of the brand La Clover and of Avon super drama mascara. In September 2012 she covered L'express Styles magazine, and worked with Mariano Vivanco. In November, Shayk covered Twelv Magazine, Second Issue with supermodel Anne V. In the same month she appeared in an editorial for Vogue Spain December issue working with Mario Testino.
In February 2013 she covered Vs. Magazine with Anne V and the same month she did an editorial for CR Fashion book issue 2 photographed by Bruce Weber and styled by Carine Roitfeld. The same month she did the runway of Jeremy Scott during the New York fashion week. In March 2013 she did the runway of Givenchy during the Paris fashion week. Also in 2013, Shayk featured several times in Harper's Bazaar US. She featured for the second time in CR fashion book issue 3. In September, she covered Allure Russia. She was also the cover model of Vogue Spain, landing her first Vogue cover photographed by Giampaolo Sgura.
In May 2014, she covered Vogue Spain with Cristiano Ronaldo.
Shayk is helping a maternity hospital in her hometown of Yemanzhelinsk. She and her sister helped rebuild the children's ward of the local hospital, and now Shayk raises money on behalf of a Russian charity, Pomogi (Russian: Помоги), which provides care to sick children. Shayk is the official ambassador for Pomogi charity in Russia.
Shayk has a pet dog named Caesare, after Julius Caesar, a Labrador which she claims was fathered by one of the dogs who played the title role in the film Marley & Me. Since May 2010, she has been dating footballer Cristiano Ronaldo. Shayk and Ronaldo allegedly met through their Armani Exchange campaigns.
- Malle, Chloe. "Hot! Supermodel Shayk's Perry Street Condo". New York Observer. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- Irina Sheik at the Fashion Model Directory
- "Irina Shayk - Model Profile - Photos & latest news". Models.com. Retrieved 2013-12-12.
- Shayk's profiles at Sports Illustrated website: 2007 2008 2009 2010
- Cohen, Stefanie (2010-08-15). "Shayk, rattle and roll!". NY Post. Retrieved 2010-11-10.
- Fernández de Angulo, Javier (10 December 2010). "Desmontando a Irina". GQ. Retrieved 15 February 2011.
- http://uralpress.ru/show_article.php?id=56680 (Russian)
- "Shayk it baby! Ronaldo's stunning model girlfriend Irina smoulders in Italian lingerie | Mail Online". Dailymail.co.uk. 2010-10-08. Retrieved 2010-11-10.
- "Videos". Beach Bunny Swimwear. Retrieved 2010-11-10.
- "Guess Jeans S/S 09 (Guess)". Models.com. Retrieved 2010-11-10.
- Cristiano Ronaldo's new girlfriend Irina Shayk.
- Aboutaleb, Britt (23 July 2009). "Irina Shayk: Superstar". fashionista.com.
- Marr, Madeleine (12 June 2010). "It's good to be Irina Shayk". Miami Herald.
- "Kanye West's Artistic "Power" Video". Celebrity-gossip.net. 2010-08-06. Retrieved 2010-11-10.
- "Sexy lingerie model Irina Shayk covers August GQ South Africa - Lingerie Pics, Lingerie Tips, Hot Lingerie". LingerieWeapon.com. 2010-07-21. Retrieved 2010-11-10.
- "Swim Fan :: Articles :: Ocean Drive Magazine". Oceandrive.com. Retrieved 2010-11-10.
- "Irina Shayk (Ирина Шейк) | The 50 Hottest Russian Women". Best.complex.com. Retrieved 2010-11-10.
- Chernikoff, Leah. "Irina Shayk Goes from Swim to High Fashion Model Thanks to Kanye?". fashionista.com.
- "Premios top Glamour. La revista entregó sus galardones Women of the Year 2010" (in Spanish). Glamour España. 2010-11-12. Retrieved 2010-11-14.
Una impresionante Irina Shayk recogió el premio a la Mejor Modelo Internacional
- Ronaldo's girlfriend Irina Shayk attacks GQ for Photoshopping her images to appear nude, Daily Mail, 25 November 2010
- Finn, Natalie (15 February 2011). "Five Things to Know About Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover Hottie Irina Shayk". E! News.
- Satherley, Jessica (15 February 2011). "Cristiano Ronaldo's girlfriend Irina Shayk lands the 2011 Sports Illustrated annual Swimsuit Issue cover". Daily Mail (Associated Newspapers Ltd). Retrieved 2011-02-15.
- "Tennis Catherine?... Bernard Arnault's Wealth Estimated a Cool $28.6B...". Women's Wear Daily. 9 July 2010.
- Odell, Amy (9 July 2010). "See Cristiano Ronaldo's Girlfriend Model Swimsuits Before and After Photoshopping". New York Magazine. Retrieved 2011-02-15.
- "Irina Shayk for John John Denim Campaign". Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Irina Shayk". fmd. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- Top 20 Sexiest Models
- Aboutaleb, Britt (11 July 2011). "Ismét megválasztották a világ legszebb színésznőjét és legszexisebb színészét". premierfilm.hu.
- "Irina Shayk biography". models.com. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Irina Shayk". FMD. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "The fashion spot". Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Allure Russia September 2013 Cover". models.com. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Vogue Spain November 2013". Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Cristiano Ronaldo Poses Naked With Irina Shayk For Vogue Spain". Huffington post. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Irina Shayk goes Hollywood in 'Hercules'". USA Today. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- "Timeline Photos". Facebook.com. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Irina Shayk, the good will ambassador of POMOGI". Youtube. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- Cristiano Ronaldo's girlfriend Irina Shayk allows cameras behind the scenes in a video of her recent raunchy GQ shoot. Daily Mail. 09-24-2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Irina Shayk.|
- Irina Shayk on Facebook
- Irina Shayk on Twitter
- Irina Shayk on Instagram
- Irina Shayk Official Website
- Irina Shayk at the Fashion Model Directory
- Irina Shayk at the Internet Movie Database
- Irina Shayk: Model Life - slideshow by Life magazine