|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010)|
|Irish · English · Indian languages|
|Catholicism · Hinduism|
|Related ethnic groups|
An Irish Indian is an Indian (from India) of full or partial Irish ancestry who is aware of such ancestry and remains connected, to some degree, to Irish culture. As per article 366(2) of the Indian Constitution, an Irish Indian can be categorized as an Anglo-Indian.
One of the cultural activities that Indians of Irish descent (who are aware of their Irish ancestry) participate in is Saint Patrick's Day.
- Annie Besant, theosophist and Indian independence activist. Home Rule movement.
- Bibi Baskin - Former RTÉ TV and radio presenter
- Charles Stuart - East India Company officer
- James Cousins - Writer
- Sister Nivedita - Disciple of Swami Vivekananda
- S. M. Cyril - Internationally-recognized educational innovator
- Cyrus Pallonji Mistry - Successor of Tata Group.
- Dan Hurley - Cultural ambassador and Millwall supporter
- Disha Gulati - St Peter's College JCR Secretary 2010-2011