From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Irish Parliament)
Irish parliament may refer to a number of parliaments and assemblies in Ireland:
- Parliament of Ireland, a legislature on the island of Ireland from 1297 until 1800.
- The Irish Parliament, the name of the legislative body for Ireland that was intended to have been created by the Home Rule Act (Third Home Rule Bill) of 1914.
- Dáil Éireann (1919-1922), the revolutionary parliament of the 1919-1922 Irish Republic.
Following partition, in the southern part of Ireland:
- Parliament of Southern Ireland, the parliament for Southern Ireland between 1920-1921.
- Oireachtas of the Irish Free State, the legislature of the 1922-1937 Irish Free State.
- Oireachtas, the legislature of the current Republic of Ireland.
In Northern Ireland:
- The Parliament of Northern Ireland, the legislature of Northern Ireland from 1921 until 1972.
- The Sunningdale Agreement#Northern Ireland Assembly, a power-sharing legislature for Northern Ireland in 1973.
- The Northern Ireland Assembly, the devolved legislature of Northern Ireland 1999.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.