Irishtown Township, Clinton County, Illinois
Location in Clinton County
Clinton County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1873|
|• Total||37.13 sq mi (96.2 km2)|
|• Land||24.94 sq mi (64.6 km2)|
|• Water||12.19 sq mi (31.6 km2) 32.83%|
|Elevation||472 ft (144 m)|
|• Density||46.8/sq mi (18.1/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62231, 62246, 62253, 62283|
|GNIS feature ID||0429171|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37.13 square miles (96.2 km2), of which 24.94 square miles (64.6 km2) (or 67.17%) is land and 12.19 square miles (31.6 km2) (or 32.83%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Keyesport (southwest half)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Gillespie, Keyesport and McNeill.
Airports and landing strips
- Carrillon Airport
- Eldon Hazlet State Recreation Area (north three-quarters)
- Carlyle Community Unit School District 1
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 107
- State Senate District 54
- "Irishtown Township, Clinton County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Mills Township, Bond County||Tamalco Township, Bond County||Pope Township, Fayette County|
|Wheatfield Township||East Fork Township|
|Carlyle Township||Clement Township|