Iron Realms Entertainment
Iron Realms Entertainment (formerly known as Achaea LLC) is a computer game development company that has created the MUDs Achaea, Dreams of Divine Lands; Aetolia, The Midnight Age; Imperian, the Sundered Heavens; Lusternia, Age of Ascension; and Midkemia Online. Matt Mihaly is its founder and CEO and Jeremy Saunders is its President.
Games developed by Iron Realms Entertainment include:
- Achaea, Dreams of Divine Lands, a high fantasy text-based MUD operating continuously since 1997.
- Aetolia, The Midnight Age, a roleplay-intensive text-based MUD set in a Gothic fantasy world with numerous player-run political organizations.
- Imperian, the Sundered Heavens, a fantasy MUD set in a world ravaged by natural catastrophe.
- Lusternia, a text-based MUD game set in a fantasy sword and sorcery world revolving around four city-states and two nature communes.
- Midkemia Online, a text-based MUD game based on author Raymond E. Feist's Midkemia universe.
Another game, Tears of Polaris, a text-based MUD game based in a science fiction/fantasy universe, was announced, but after four years of development it was put on hold in the summer of 2011. A lack of major progress as well as a major change in the codebase were cited as some of the reasons the project was put on indefinite hold.
Rapture Engine 
The Rapture Engine was created by Iron Realms Entertainment and is used by all of its MUDs, albeit heavily modified for those most recently in production.
Iron Realms Entertainment LLC was originally founded as Achaea LLC in 1996. After the release of Aetolia in 2001, Achaea LLC was renamed Iron Realms LLC.
Achaea was featured in the June 10th, 2004 episode of The Screen Savers.
Notes and references 
- Iron Realms Entertainment official site
- NoGFX (No Graphics): Logs posting site for IRE MUDs
- Official site for Midkemia Online