Irony Is a Dead Scene
|Irony Is a Dead Scene|
|EP by The Dillinger Escape Plan with Mike Patton|
|Released||August 27, 2002|
|Label||Epitaph, Buddyhead Records|
|The Dillinger Escape Plan with Mike Patton chronology|
The material included on Irony Is a Dead Scene was recorded after the departure of the band's original vocalist, Dimitri Minakakis, but before a replacement (Greg Puciato) had been chosen. The plan to record with Patton was in place before a replacement vocalist had been found. By the time Mike Patton had recorded vocals and the EP was released, the band had been touring with Puciato for nearly a year.
A 12-inch vinyl version of the EP was released on Buddyhead Records in a variety of different colors. The rarest copies are the 25 test presses, all of which were hand numbered. The vinyl label states that the record should be played at 45 rpm.
All songs written by The Dillinger Escape Plan and Mike Patton except where noted.
|3.||"When Good Dogs Do Bad Things"||5:59|
|4.||"Come to Daddy" (Richard D. James)||4:09|
- The Dillinger Escape Plan
- Liam Wilson – bass
- Adam Doll – keyboards, sampling
- Chris Pennie – drums, keyboards
- Ben Weinman – lead guitar, keyboards
- Brian Benoit – rhythm guitar
- Guest musicians
- Produced by Ben Weinman and Chris Pennie
- Engineered by Chris Badami
- Mastered by Alan Douches
- Mixed by Steve Evetts
- "Dillinger Escape Plan, The - Irony Is a Dead Scene - Album Review". AbsolutePunk.
- "Irony Is a Dead Scene - The Dillinger Escape Plan". Allmusic.
- http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/thedillingerescapeplan/albums/album/170828/review/5942792/irony_is_a_dead_scene[dead link]