Irving Shipbuilding Incorporated (ISI) is the second largest shipbuilder in Canada. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, the company is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Canadian industrial conglomerate J.D. Irving Limited.
ISI's current major project is constructing 9 patrol vessels for the Canadian Coast Guard, awarded in 2009. The company's next major project will be constructing 23 warships for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of the National Shipbuilding Procurement Strategy, as decided in 2011.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. offers the following services:
- shipbuilding and repair
- drill rig construction and conversion
- offshore fabrication
- industrial manufacturing
- supply chain management
- quality and technical services
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. operates out of the following locations:
- Halifax Shipyard in Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Shelburne Ship Repair in Shelburne, Nova Scotia
- East Isle Shipyard in Georgetown, Prince Edward Island
- Woodside Industries in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
ISI also operates a subsidiary company called Fleetway Services with locations in Halifax, NS and Saint John, NB.
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|