Iryna Mykhailivna Akimova (Ukrainian: Ірина Михайлівна Акімова; born on April 26, 1960 in Kharkiv, Soviet Union) is a Ukrainian politician and statesman and current First Deputy Head of Presidential Administration of Ukraine since February 2010.
Akimova was born in Kharkiv, on 26 April 1960. In 1982 she graduated from the Economics Faculty of the Kharkiv State University. She was the holder of Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Volkswagen Stiftung, DAAD and ACCEL fellowships.
Work and scientific activities
In the middle of 1980s, Akimova passed her Ph.D. defense.
Positions and places of work
- director of the Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting in Kiev
- senior research fellow at the Center for Economic Research at Warsaw University
- research assistant at the Economics department of the University of Magdeburg
- director of the analytical center "Blakitna strіchka" Ltd. (Blue Ribbon)
- Assistant Professor of Management department at Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute
- Director General of the analytical center "Bureau of Economic and Social Technologies" (Kiev) – at the time of elections in 2007
Since October 2007 Akimova has been the member of the Party of Regions. In November 2007 she was elected the Member of Parliament – No. 63 in the list. Akimova then worked as Deputy Head of the Committee in Verkhovna Rada on economic policy issues and took the position of Economy Minister in the opposition government of Viktor Yanukovych. Akimova is a frequent guest at political talk shows and is the public figure in the Party of Regions.
On February 25, 2010 Akimova was appointed the First Deputy Head of Presidential Administration On March 16, 2010 she was appointed the Representative of the President of Ukraine in the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine
- (Ukrainian) Банкова обирає між Хорошковським і Акімовою?, Ukrayinska Pravda (14 February 2012)
- Акимова Ирина Михайловна- фото, биография// Акимова Ирина Михайловна на ЛІГА.Досье. File.liga.net. Retrieved on 2013-06-18.
- Ірина Акімова – Досьє – Вибори Президента України 2010, новини політики, усі кандидати на пост Президента України. President2010.info. Retrieved on 2013-06-18.
- Irina Akimova MP, Deputy Chair of the Parliamentary Committee of Economic Policy. debaty.org
- Ирина Акимова » KievSMI: Новости Киева. KievSMI (2010-02-26). Retrieved on 2013-06-18.
- Ирина Акимова. Досье и компромат. Politrada.com (2011-12-29). Retrieved on 2013-06-18.
- УКАЗ ПРЕЗИДЕНТА УКРАИНЫ № 267/2010 – Официальное представительство Президента Украины. President.gov.ua (2010-03-02). Retrieved on 2013-06-18.
- Khoroshkovsky dismissed as finance minister, appointed first deputy prime minister, Interfax Ukraine (22 February 2012)
- Tigipko and Poroshenko registered as parliamentaries, Kyiv Post (4 December 2012)
- (Ukrainian) Список депутатів нової Верховної Ради, Ukrayinska Pravda (11 November 2012)