||The lead section of this article may need to be rewritten. (August 2013)|
|Dead Space character|
Isaac Clarke in
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
|First appearance||Dead Space (2008)|
|Voiced by||Gunner Wright|
|Motion capture||Gunner Wright|
|Portrayed by||Gunner Wright|
Isaac Clarke is a fictional character and the main protagonist in the Dead Space video game series. Originally a ship systems engineer, his life changes for the worse when a seemingly-routine repair mission becomes a struggle to survive the Necromorph scourge. After he destroyed the Red Marker, Aegis VII and stopped the outbreak, he survived and was captured by EarthGov and taken to Sprawl; a massive space-station build in the remains of Titan, Saturn's largest moon. There, EarthGov used his mind to build another Marker and then he was taken to the hospital of Sprawl due to his dementia caused by the first Marker. Soon the outbreak followed him and he was once again in the middle of a real nightmare. Isaac managed to destroy the second Marker and his deadly hallucination of his dead girlfriend, Nicole Brennan, who died onboard the Ishimura during the time of the first game. Isaac succeeded to escape the station with another survivor, Ellie Langford just before it exploded. They hide from EarthGov to Earth's moon, where they developed a romantic relationship, which they soon broke due to Ellie wanting to stop the Markers and Isaac hide from EarthGov because his mind still containing the Marker codes. He soon got back to action by two EarthGov soldiers, Cpt. Robert Norton and Srg. John Carver who were looking for him. Soon after they found him, a group of Unitologists know as The Circle led by a psychopath named Jacob Danik attack them and Isaac and Carver were separated from Norton. They managed to get to the extraction point, but Danik and his men got there first. Danik soon activated a bomb, which exposed a Marker and it's deadly signal, which caused another Necromorph outbreak to occur. The two managed to survive and go to the secret coordinates of Tau Volantis. There, they found Ellie and the origins of the Markers, or so they think. Outside of the series, Isaac's armour is an unlockable costume in several games, and he is also a playable character in others such as PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.
Conception and development
|This section requires expansion. (July 2013)|
During development for Dead Space, EA Redwood Shores (now Visceral Games) gave Isaac a portmanteau of two science fiction writers, Isaac Asimov and Arthur C. Clarke. During development for Dead Space 2, Visceral Games decided to give Isaac a voice and chose Gunner Wright.
||This article's plot summary may be too long or excessively detailed. (July 2013)|
Isaac is first introduced in Dead Space as the son of Poul Clarke, a starship architect, whose work greatly influenced him, leading Isaac to achieve high honors in mechanical and electrical engineering. His depressive and anguish mother Octavia was a member of the Church of Unitology, a religion centered around the alien Black Marker, and sold off much of the Clarke family estate to finance her membership. Due of this, Isaac could not afford the tuition for a prestigious school instead opting into a lesser-known school. After graduating, Isaac enlisted in the merchant naval force, where he quickly gained a reputation for his resourceful engineering solutions. During this time, Isaac tried to find his father Poul, who went missing some years ago, but in vain. Isaac also fell in love with Nicole Brennan, a medical officer, that, before the events of Dead Space, moved out after receiving a promotion, which lead her to serve aboard the USG Ishimura (石村, lit. "Stone Village"), the first "Planetcracker-Class" starship.
In 2508, the USG Ishimura, during an operation on the planet Aegis VII, sends out a distress signal to the Concordance Extraction Corporation (CEC) that sends the USG Kellion to investigate; among the crew is Isaac, who volunteered in hopes of seeing Nicole again. Eventually, the Kellion crashes into the Ishimura dock, and when the crew explores an apparently abandoned ship, they are attacked by monsters; only Isaac, Commander Zach Hammond, and Computer Specialist Kendra Daniels manage to escape. The ship's systems are failing, and Isaac goes to make the repairs, learning, by some text and audio logs scattered in the ship, that during the mining of Aegis VII, the Ishimura crew found the Red Marker, the most valuable relic of Unitology. Captain Mathius, a devout Unitologist, shifted focus from mining to retrieving the Marker. After the Marker's extraction, humans from the planet's colony and the ship suffered from mass hysteria and violent hallucinations, killing subsequently each other. Isaac and the others learn that a Marker-based alien lifeform began to ravage the Aegis VII colony, infecting any available corpses and turning them into "Necromorphs"—colour-coded fascists that slaughter humans to spread the infestation. A colony shuttle carrying an Necromorph caused the scourge to spread across the Ishimura. Though Hammond states that he is unaware of what the Marker is, Kendra confides to Isaac that Hammond may be lying. Isaac later encounters Nicole, who indirectly assists him, though they are unable to meet. After repairing the critical systems, Isaac's team launches a second beacon, attracting the nearby USM Valor; however, the Valor, having picked up an escape pod with a Necromorph inside (jettisoned earlier by Hammond) is overrun and crashes into the ship. Hammond deduces, from the military equipment he finds on board, that the Valor was actually assigned to destroy the Ishimura (later confirmed through a text log found on the Valor). Deciding that they must escape while they can, Isaac and Hammond retrieve the Valor's power core in order to repair an available shuttle, though Hammond is killed by an enhanced Necromorph on the way out. Dr. Kyne, one of the last survivors of the Ishimura, later contacts Isaac, urging him to first return the Red Marker to Aegis VII, believing that it can restrain the "Hive Mind", a creature that controls the Necromorphs. After Isaac loads the Red Marker onto the shuttle, Kendra murders Kyne and takes the shuttle, revealing herself as a government operative ordered to retrieve the Red Marker, a reverse-engineered copy of the original Black Marker found on Earth, for her superiors. After she leaves Isaac for dead, Nicole arrives and helps him recall the shuttle remotely, prompting Kendra to flee via escape pod. Isaac takes the Red Marker back to the colony, pacifying the Hive Mind and creating a "dead space" that makes all Necromorphs in the surrounding area dormant (it is revealed in the "backstory logs" unlocked by completing the game that "dead space" refers to the area surrounding the Marker wherein the infection and reanimation processes are subdued by the emission of various types of signals from the Marker). However, this also disrupts the gravity tethers keeping Aegis VII from tearing itself apart. Before Isaac can leave, Kendra appears and starts to take the Red Marker back to the shuttle. She shows Isaac, through a recovered distress transmission, that Nicole committed suicide via lethal injection before Isaac's team arrived on the Ishimura; the "Nicole" he has been seeing "in person" were mere hallucinations caused by the Marker's influence. Isaac intercepts Kendra loading the Marker back into the shuttle; before she can leave, however, the Hive Mind reawakens, killing her, leaving Isaac to defeat it in a battle. Leaving the Marker behind, Isaac flies off in the shuttle before Aegis VII is destroyed. In the epilogue, Isaac sets a course away from Aegis VII. He watches Nicole's last transmission again; now knowing how it ends, he turns it off before it can finish. Noticing something in his peripherals, Isaac looks to his right and is attacked by a vision of Nicole, covered in blood and screaming in his face, just before the scene cuts to black.
After escaping Aegis VII, Isaac was intercepted by EarthGov (Earth Government) forces, later taken to the densely populated Titan Station, a space metropolis surrounding a shard of Titan, one of Saturn's moons. When Dead Space 2 begins, Isaac awakens with no memory of the past three years since, having just been awoken by Franco Delille, who claims to be trying to help him. The already-ongoing Necromorph outbreak claims Franco's life, leaving Isaac to escape on his own. Later, Isaac is contacted by Daina Le Guin, a woman claiming to try and save Isaac; he is also contacted by fellow patient Nolan Stross (a main character from Dead Space: Aftermath), who endured a treatment similar to Isaac's. Daina explains that Sprawl administrator Hans Tiedemann has created a new Marker using information encoded in Isaac and Stross' brains. She also claims that a self-replicating signal was imprinted on Isaac's mind by his previous encounter with the Marker, putting his life in grave danger, which Tiedeman kept in check with memory suppressants. Ignoring Stross, Isaac fights his way through the city (still filled with survivors trying to escape the Necromorphs) to reach Daina. Along the way, Isaac experiences hallucinations of Nicole, which become more vivid as "she" tries to deter him from his task. Upon his arrival, Daina, a Unitologist agent, has Isaac restrained, claiming that they need him to build more Markers to spread Convergence, an event foretold in Unitology, across the universe; however, an EarthGov gunship strikes, killing Daina and her associates and allowing Isaac to escape. Stross contacts Isaac, claiming that they can destroy the Marker, located in the Sprawl's Government Sector; left with no choice, Isaac reluctantly decides to trust Stross. As he makes his way there, Isaac comes across Ellie Langford, a CEC pilot who eventually joins their mission. As they travel through the Sprawl, they encounter several obstacles caused by Tiedemann, eventually forcing Isaac to venture back inside the Ishimura, which is docked at the Sprawl for decontamination and repair after the events of the first game. Additionally, Stross' dementia worsens, causing him to gouge Ellie's eye out with a screwdriver; she survives, and Isaac kills him in self-defense. After enduring further verbal assaults from "Nicole", Isaac comes to accept the guilt of being unable to prevent her death, causing the visions to become benign. Upon reaching the Government Sector, Isaac sends a protesting Ellie away on a gunship, saying that while he couldn't save Nicole, he can at least save Ellie. Once inside, he sets the Necromorphs onto Tiedemann's forces near the Marker chamber. When Isaac reaches the giant Marker, he finds it surrounded by thousands of Necromorphs, which triggers a Convergence event. With "Nicole"'s guidance, he uses the NoonLight Diagnostic Machine, which activates the Marker-affected parts of his brain, and was used on him and Stross prior while constructing the giant Marker. He fights his way to the Marker, where he encounters and kills Tiedemann. At this point, "Nicole" pulls Isaac into his own mind, revealing that the only way to make the Marker "whole" is for it to absorb its creator—in this case, Isaac himself. Infuriated and betrayed, Isaac destroys "Nicole" and the Marker codes in his mind in a grueling mental battle. Making up, Isaac discovers that the Marker has been destroyed, and that the accumulated damage to the Sprawl has resulted in its reactors melting down. Isaac slumps to the ground, ready to accept his fate, only to be interrupted by Ellie, who crashes the gunship through the ceiling. The two escape as the Sprawl explodes. Later, Isaac, again sensing something in his peripherals (an allusion to the first game's ending), turns to his right to find Ellie beside him, who sees his expression and asks, "What?"
After escaping the Sprawl, Isaac and Ellie Langford have become romantically involved and then separated. Taking Isaac from his apartment located on the Earth's moon, Captain Robert Norton and Sergeant John Carver explain they are the last battalion of EarthGov, and they require Isaac's help to find Ellie and her missing team. Fleeing, the trio is attacked by Unitologist soldiers; during the escape, Unitologist contingent Jacob Danik, who is hunting Isaac from his herecy against Marker, activates a Red Marker near the colony, causing a new outbreak to born. Isaac, Carver, and Norton use this outbreak to their advantage, managing to escape aboard the USM Eudora. Norton manages to trace Ellie's last transmission to Tau Volantis and the 200-year-old ruins of its colony. The group tries to reach Ellie's SOS signal; however, the Eudora breaks apart due to mines left in orbit of the planet by the old S.C.A.F (Sovereign Colonies Armed Forces, Earth's old government before EarthGov). Norton, Carver, and Isaac manage to escape the exploding Eudora, reaching the derelict CMS Roanoke, which is densely guarded with necromorphs. They succeed in rescuing the "Marker Team", consisting of Ellie, Jennifer Santos, and Austin Buckell, and Isaac learns about Ellie and Norton's new relationship. Isaac soon discovers that Tau Volantis is the Marker Home World, which contains a Machine, which the team believes it controls the Markers and the captain of Roanoke wanted 200 years ago "turn it off". Despite Norton's protests that any such attempt would be a suicide mission, the team attempts to land on Tau Volantis; however, mines and debris tears the shuttle apart and separates Isaac and Carver from the rest of the crew. Discovering Buckell, who helps them before dying from hypothermia, Isaac and Carver are able to locate the others, and plan to track down the Machine. Finding a recording from General Mahad, it's discovered that 200 years ago S.C.A.F had discovered Necromorphs buried beneath on the planet and experimented on them, only for an outbreak to occur; as a result, Mahad's team murdered all survivors and destroyed all evidence to prevent further outbreak. Isaac frequently finds himself clashing with Norton, who sees Isaac as competition for Ellie's love; it's soon discovered that the Unitologists inexplicably followed them to Tau Volantis, before Norton explains he betrayed Isaac and plans to exchange him to Danik for a ship to return home. Danik, going against his deal, attempts to murder Norton along with Isaac and Carver; after the trio escapes following Necromorph interference, Norton attempts to murder Isaac, forcing him to kill Norton in self-defense. Isaac, Carver, Ellie, and Santos make for an abandoned science facility called the "Rosetta lab" on the side of a mountain. Santos has found records of a Codex located there, created by someone named Rosetta. After Santos dies during the ascent, the team manages to reassemble a frozen Rosetta, who is found to be an alien. Experiencing a vision, Isaac discovers Tau Volantis is not the Marker homeworld, but a homeworld of aliens who, like humanity, discovered a Black Marker and started making Red Markers from it, which soon consumed them. The planet's moon is actually a giant Necromorph; the Brethren Moon and is the result of the Convergence event foretold by Unitology; before it could complete and consume all life in the galaxy with its bothers, a Machine was built to freeze Tau Volantis and force the Brethren Moon into a state of dormancy. The command to "turn it off" is actually a command transmitted from the Markers themselves, who wish the Machine disabled to reawaken the Brethren Moon. Isaac, acquiring the Codex, discovers Danik is holding Ellie and Carver hostage. Ellie, confessing her love for Isaac, sacrifices herself to allow Isaac and Carver to escape, and the two pursue Danik down into the planet to the Machine. The duo then finds a video log from Serrano, who explains that with Codex, the Machine can either free the Brethren Moon or destroy it. He and Carver regain control of the Codex, but are forced to surrender it to Danik when he reveals Ellie is still alive and he is holding her hostage. Danik shuts off the Machine, but he is killed by falling debris as Convergence restarts. Isaac puts Ellie aboard an escape craft, shares one final kiss with her, and then works with Carver to reconfigure the Machine and destroy the Brethren Moon. The two succeed, and as the moon smashes down into the surface of Tau Volantis, destroying the Markers forever, Isaac and Carver are swept away. Ellie watches from space, and then tearfully turns her ship back towards Earth. In a post-credits scene, an static-filled audio log briefly plays, with Isaac calling out to Ellie.
After the battle with the Brethren Moon over Tau Volantis, Isaac and Carver wake up on the surface of the planet, shocked to find out that after falling to their near death, they are still alive. They then make their way across the surface of the frozen planet, finding memories of the horror they had experienced. After finding out that the Marker signal was still causing insanity, suicide and Necromorphs and Earth is in danger, they battled through more of the threat that Isaac and Carver had just faced. They then find out about a ship that can take them back to Earth. After witnessing many ships lift off, they find a ship, but soon discover that the Shockpoint Drive in the ship is damaged and it can only take them to the CMS Terra Nova. Once aboard the Terra Nova, Isaac and Carver must find a way to restore power to the derelict ship and find a new Shockpoint Drive in order to return to Earth. However, within the halls of the old Sovereign Colonies ship, they encounter the remnants of The Circle who've taken refuge inside and begun a new following in the name of the Necromorphs. After dealing with members of the Circle, as well as their own insanity, Isaac and Carver find the ShockPoint Drive, but Isaac is now losing his mind. He protests installing the ShockPoint Drive into the ship, because he happens to think that if they install it, the Brethren Moons will follow them to Earth, and kill everyone living there and the only way to save the Earth is to blow the ship. After Isaac and Carver have a hallucination of fighting each other, the hallucination is interrupted by another hallucination, in which the Brethren Moons reveal that they were only slowing Isaac and Carver down, and that they have known where Earth was all along. After regaining his sanity, Isaac admits that Carver was right all along. He agrees to install the Shockpoint Drive into the Terra Nova. However, Carver then recalls that the Audio Logs hinted that the reactor could power up enough energy in the engine to go into shockspace and return to Earth. They install the ShockPoint Drive into the reactor, and they overload the reactor by dumping plutonium cores which generates enough power to enter Shockspace. After returning to the bridge, they activate the ship and return to Earth. Soon after their arrival to the Earth's space and attempting to communicate with Earth, they hear transmissions of people getting slaughtered by Necromorphs. When they look out of the cockpit of the Terra Nova, they notice that the Brethren Moons have already arrived and are attacking Earth. One of the moons comes up in front of the Terra Nova, crashing the ship and knocking Isaac and Carver unconscious.
Outside the Dead Space series, Isaac also appears as an unlockable alternate costume in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10, as a skateboarder in Skate 3, as playable character in NBA Jam: On Fire Edition, and as a downloadable playable character for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, where his rival is Zeus from God of War. His armor can also be worn in Dragon Age II, Dante's Inferno, and Battlefield Heroes.
|This section requires expansion. (July 2013)|
PlayStation Universe described him as "corpse-slaying badass", saying: "starting off as the mute hero of the original Dead Space, Clarke was finally given a voice and personality in the sequel, becoming a standout character in his own right". They added: "his willingness to help others and strong morals makes him an ideal partner", and stated his best characteristic to survive is his adaptability. GamesRadar ranked Isaac, who has "a cool demeanor, and an even cooler suit of futuristic armor", as 22nd "most memorable, influential, and badass" protagonist in games, also including him in other three "Top 7": at the fourth place in their list of "The Top 7... Mentally damaged characters we love"; as the sixth most badass game character of the generation (as of 2012), and his romance with Nicole Brennan was ranked as the fifth most disastrous in video games. Isaac was featured as one of the characters IGN would like to see in an ultimate fighting game, adding "He may lack the pizazz of some other fighters on this list, but try making fun of him when he holds a space-age nail gun to your forehead." In 2013, Complex ranked him as the sixteenth most badass characters in video game's history. In addition, his helmet was also listed by UGO Networks at six in "The Coolest Helmets and Headgear in Video Games" list. ZoominGames listed his armor as the fifth on a list of the top five "badass armor in video games"
- Eddy, Andy (2007-10-09). "Dead Space First Look Preview (Xbox 360)". Team Xbox. Retrieved 2008-10-15.
- Schiesel, Seth (1 February 2011). "Dead Space 2 Revives Isaac Clarke - Review". NYTimes.com (The New York Times).
- Posted March 31, 2010 - By pklepek (2010-03-31). "The Reason Dead Space 2's Once Muted Isaac Clarke Suddenly Has A Voice". G4tv.com. Retrieved 2013-06-05.
- ":: The Two Voices of Isaac Clarke". Mending The Wall. 2011-02-14. Retrieved 2013-07-17.
- "Evolution of Story". YouTube. Visceral Games. Retrieved 2013-06-07.
- "Dead Space 3 | Weapon Crafting Gameplay". YouTube. Electronic Arts. 15 August 2012. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- EA Redwood Shores. Dead Space. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Scene: Background Check (text log). Level/area: Chapter 12. (2008-10-14) Isaac was born to Poul and Octavia Clarke on Earth in the eastern seaboard region of the American Republic. Poul Clarke was an award-winning ship architect employed by the Galactic Union Marine Corp. His record show extended time off-world away from his family.
When Isaac was born, Poul was given a temporary reassignment to an Earth-based GUMMC ship production facility. During the four-year tour, Poul and Octavia raised Isaac together. When the tour was over, Paul shipped off for an extended off-world tour.
Poul's influence on his son must have rubbed off. Records indicate Isaac pursued studies in mechanical and electrical engineering and achieved high honors.
According to medical and psychiatric reports, Poul Clarke's absence had a profound effect on Octavia. She suffered from depression and personal anguish until doctors encouraged her to find fulfillment by working with charitable organizations. It is believed that this is how she ended up coming in contact with the Church of Unitology.
Her association with the Church appears to have alleviated her mental condition. The cancellation of her therapy sessions corresponds with the local parish announcements of her initiation ceremony.
At this point, records on her become somewhat scarce. There are indications that she sold off much of the family estate to finance her full membership in the church.
Isaac appears to have been selected to a prominent engineering school but we surmise that he was unable to afford the tuition, as records show that he instead attended a lesser-known school with the help of scholarships and financial assistance.
After graduating with high honors, Isaac enlisted in the Merchant Marines. He quickly gained a reputation for his resourceful engineering solutions and after two years was promoted to a higher-profile position closer to the major shipping lanes.
There are several inquiries about the location of his father that have been logged by his contacts at the GUMMC. Isaac appears to have been trying to re-unite with him unsuccessfully for years. It's doubtful he ever got far in his investigation as Paul Clarke's service record has been mysteriously classified by an executive order.
Octavia continues to be a contributing member of her church and has managed to purchase a Vested-level title.
Isaac's career stagnates at this point. There are records that he cohabited with a medical officer named Nicole Brennan for a couple of years. Records indicate she moved out after receiving a promotion and is currently serving on the USG Ishimura.
- "Exclusive Sci vs. Fi TV Special on Game Trailers". Retrieved August 1, 2013. Year 2414 mentioned explicitly at approx 1.06 Lay summary.
- EA Redwood Shores. Dead Space. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 1. (2008-10-14)
- EA Redwood Shores. Dead Space. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 1. (2008-10-14)
- EA Redwood Shores. Dead Space. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Scene: Go To Medical (video log)level=Chapter 1. (2008-10-14) Hammond: [after the Kellion explodes and Isaac fights off several Necromorphs] What the hell is happening down there?! What happened to the shuttle? / Kendra: That was our ride home. It's the only way off this ship... / Hammond: Kendra… / Kendra: No, Hammond! This changes everything! / Hammond: Just let me think! [pause] Can you access the Command Computer? / Kendra: It's no good. There's an executive lockdown of all primary systems. Without the Captain's authorization, I can't access them. / Hammond: Well? Where's the Captain? / Kendra: [using the computer terminal] Here he is. Captain Benjamin Matthius. Location...Medlab. Status...Deceased. / Hammond: What? How? / Kendra: I can't access that information. Find the Captain and you'll find his RIG. With his authorization codes, I can crack this computer wide open. / [There is the sound of something moving around in a ventilation shaft above them.] / Hammond: Dammit! Isaac, I'm sending the Tram back to your location. Get to the Medical Deck and find that RIG as fast as you can!
- EA Redwood Shores. Dead Space. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. (2008-10-14)
- EA Redwood Shores. Dead Space. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Scene: Engine Problems (video log). Level/area: Chapter 2. (2008-10-14) Hammond: Isaac! Somehow, one of them [Necromorphs] found a way down to the captain's nest! I managed to contain it in a damaged escape pod. …Lifting the executive lockdown. I found the deck logs. Whatever is happening around here, it came from the planet when they cracked it open. It spread to the colony, and reached the ship. Isaac, this isn't an infection; it's some form of alien life! [static] Shit! We've got bigger problems. The ship's engines are offline and out orbit is decaying! Get over to the Engineering deck ASAP, while I stay here and figure out what the problem is.
- EA Redwood Shores. Dead Space. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 8. (2008-10-14)
- EA Redwood Shores. Dead Space. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Scene: Captain's Demise (video log). Level/area: Chapter 4. (2008-10-14) [Kyne stands in front of Matthius; two bridge staff stand behind him.] Matthius: [looking behind him, at the two bridge staff] This is mutiny. You'll all be tried for mutiny! Kyne, make them listen to reason. / Kyne: Settle down, now. [to the bridge staff] Hold him. [The two men restrain Matthius from behind by the arms.] By Maritime Law Article 54-69, I hereby declare Captain Benjamin Matthius unfit for duty. Matthius: The Marker...must be delivered to the church! Terrence! Please! / Kyne: [turns away, and readies a needle] I'm sorry, Ben. But I can't let you do this. / Matthius: [angered] Traitor. Heretic! Kyne: [turns back around] Hold his head. / Matthius: Murderer! / Kyne: Hold him! / [Matthius begins to violently struggle in the men's grasp. Kyne tries to get a clean shot with the needle, trying to inject it in his neck. However, the needle goes right into Matthius' left eye. Matthius screams in agony, blood pouring out of his eye socket. The two men let go of him in shock, and Matthius falls backward onto the flood, dead.] Bridge Staff 1: He's...dead! / Kyne: N-No, it was an accident! I had to stop him! / Bridge staff 2: Arrest the doctor.
- EA Redwood Shores. Dead Space. (Electronic Arts). PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Scene: Report from Kendra (audio log). Level/area: Chapter 4. (2008-10-14) Kendra: Isaac, listen up. I've gone over the medical reports. These things are BIO-RECOMBINATORS. They take dead tissue, absorb it and molds it into new forms. One iteration seems to have the sole purpose of infecting corpses; the others…well, seem to be making corpses to infect. And that body tissue we keep seeing on the walls is part of it, too. I found a report that says it's a habitat changer.
- EA Redwood Shores. Dead Space. (Electronic Arts). PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Scene: Mercer's Journal (audio log). Level/area: Chapter 2. (2008-10-14) Mercer: I finally convinced Jurgens to show me the video feed from the colony. And what I saw was glorious. Breathtaking. Miners undergoing a transformation into something extraordinary. I must know more. Even as the believer within me wants to become one of them, the scientist needs to uncover their secrets. I need to study one of these... Necromorphs, as Kyne so clinically puts it. I need to witness this infection first hand. Perhaps that patient from the colony...
- EA Redwood Shores. Dead Space. (Electronic Arts). PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 10. (2008-10-14) Hammond (holo-link): I just read through the Valor's munition logs. Their presence here can't be a coincidence. [They're not here for reconnaisance, and they're not her on patrol.] They were on a search-and-destroy mission, do you hear me?!
- EA Redwood Shores. Dead Space. (Electronic Arts). PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 9. (2008-10-14) Hammond (holo-link): Isaac? Isaac, are you there? […] / Kendra (holo-link): Hammond?! Where the hell have you been? / Hammond (holo-link): Surviving. Barely. [...] Listen up: I'm calling abort on the mission. F**k the CEC crew and f**k the chain of command. We've gotta get the hell out of here.
- EA Redwood Shores. Dead Space. (Electronic Arts). PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 13. (2008-10-14)
- EA Redwood Shores. Dead Space. (Electronic Arts). PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Scene: Ending. (2008-10-14)
- Dead Space 2 Review
- Dead Space 2 details spill, set three years after original in 'Sprawl'
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, (v1.02-1.1). Level/area: Chapter 1. (2011-01-25) Franco Delille: [waking up Isaac] Isaac. Isaac, can you hear me? [Isaac begins to stir.] Daina, I've found Isaac Clarke. Repeat: I have him. / Daina Le Guin (comm.): Good work, Franco. Be careful, he's been out a long time. / Franco: Okay... [helps Isaac onto his feet] Good, good, steady, steady, steady... We've gotta get you out of this straitjacket. / Isaac Clarke: Where...Where am I? / Franco: [glancing over his shoulder at a noise] All right, I know you're confused right now. I can explain everything, but you gotta trust me, okay? Listen. You're in terrible, terrible dan—AGH! [Suddenly, Franco is impaled by a Necromorph claw. The Infector variant then stabs Franco in the brain, which rapidly mutates his corpse into another Mecromorph. Isaac headbutts the corpse away.] / Daina (comm.): Franco?! Franco, what happened?! Oh, god... Isaac! Isaac Clarke?! If you can hear me, run! Run!
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 1. (2011-01-25) Daina (holo-link): Clarke! Isaac Clarke, is that you? / Isaac: Who are you? / Daina (holo-link): My name is Daina. I'm the one trying to rescue you... / Isaac: Why? What's going on?! / Daina (holo-link): You're suffering from a unique form of dementia, Isaac. Something you contracted on Aegis VII. / Isaac: How do you know that? How do you know all this about me?! / Daina (holo-link): Your dementia will kill you! But if you can get here, I can treat you and get you to safety. / Isaac: Why should I trust you? / Daina (holo-link): Because I'm not the one shooting at you! / Isaac: F**k... / Daina (holo-link): Just follow the route I'm sending you. [cuts the call]
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 3. (2011-01-25) Isaac: Hey, Daina—there's this crazy guy that keeps contacting me. I saw him back at the hospital. / Daina (holo-link): Nolan Stross. He was a patient in the project, just like you. / Isaac: Yeah? Why was he there? What does he want? / Daina (holo-link): He's a psychopath, Isaac. Stay clear of him. He murdered his own wife and child. / Isaac: Okay. I'll be careful.
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 2. (2011-01-25) Isaac: [after fending off a large Necromorph] Jesus, that thing was angry! Daina? I'm out of the hospital. / Daina (comm.): Okay, the tram station is just beyond the apartment blocks. / Isaac: Hang on. I need more answers. How long have I been here? / Daina (comm.): Three years. Tiedemann found you floating in space near Aegis VII, and brought you here for study. / Isaac: Why can't I remember anything? / Daina (comm.): The Marker you found imprinted your brain with a self-replicating signal. The longer you're awake, the more the signal spreads. It's killing you, Isaac. Tiedemann tried to keep it in check with memory suppressants. / Isaac: But you said you could fix it, right? / Daina (comm.): Only if you reach me in time. Tram Station. Get moving.
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 2. (2011-01-25) Isaac: There are Necromorphs everywhere. Is the entire Sprawl infected?! How'd this happen?! The Marker was destroyed, Daina! I destroyed it! / Daina (comm.): You destroyed a Marker, Isaac. Tiedmann built another one. / Isaac: On this station? Why? / Daina (comm.): It's powerful alien technology. Tiedemann wants that power.
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapters 1-7. (2011-01-25)
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 4. (2011-01-25)
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 5. (2011-01-25) Isaac: [as he is restrained by two guards] Daina! ...You're a Unitologist. Of course you are. Why did I trust you? / Daina: Well, you didn't have a choice, Isaac. I told you there was a cure, and you came running. / Isaac: Why are you doing this? Why can't everyone just leave me alone, huh? / Daina: You're a dangerous secret, Isaac. Earth Gov won't leave you alone because they're afraid you'll destroy their Marker. After all, you did build it. / Isaac: What're you talking about? / Daina: Well, that's why we brought you here. To build Markers for us. To spread glorious Convergence to the entire galaxy. / Isaac: You people are unbelievable! Just give me the f**king cure and let me go! / Daina: Oh, we don't want to cure you, Isaac. We need that precious little head of yours just the way it is. [to the guards] Now, would you escort Isaac to the shuttle and put him in stasis. The last thing we want is for him to die. / [Suddenly, a security gunship appears and fires upon them, destroying the shuttle.] / Daina: No! [She and one of the guards are shot to death; Isaac reactivates his helmet and kicks the other one away before attempting to escape the gunship.]
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 6. (2011-01-25) Stross (holo-link): Isaac? Isaac, are you there? Can you hear me? / Isaac: What do you want, Stross? Look, it's over. All my plans just blew out the window. / Stross (holo-link): No, no, no, no! It's not over! At least not yet. Isaac...Isaac, we built it. We can tear it down! / Isaac: You mean the Marker? Do you know where the Marker is, Stross? / Stross (holo-link): [suffering from another headache] I-It's in the Government Sector! The Government Sector! But we have to move now! Now, now, now! Because time is running out for me...for us! [cuts the call] / Isaac: Stross! Stross, where're you going?! Shit!
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 6. (2011-01-25) Isaac: Hey, I think we got off on a bad start here. I'm Isaac. / Ellie Langford: ...Ellie. What do you want, Isaac? / Isaac: I'm trying to get to the Transport Hub. I need to get to the Government Sector. / Ellie: [looking at him] What do you think we were trying to do? [Note: Ellie was with fellow survivors prior to meeting Isaac.] / Isaac: [as Ellie finishes hacking the lift] Hey, I can help you. Besides, we got a better chance if we stick together. Don't you agree? / Ellie: [shaking her head] Not a chance, Isaac. Other people are just a liability. I'll release the door lock, but after that, you're on your own. [enters the lift] And please—don't follow me, okay? / Isaac: Wait... Wait!
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 6. (2011-01-25) Ellie (holo-link): [seen holding Stross at gunpoint] Isaac, it's Ellie. I've found someone. Another survivor. He says he knows you. / Stross (holo-link): [stepping forward] Isaac—! / Ellie (holo-link): I said stand still! / Isaac: Eliie, take it easy. His name is Stross; I know him. / Ellie (holo-link): He looks...twitchy. I don't trust him. [to Stross] Don't—move. / Isaac: Ellie, I need him to be not dead. I need him. / Ellie (holo-link): ...Shit. Okay, Isaac. I'll march him to the hub, but if he does anything stupid—anything—I will shoot him. [cuts the call]
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 6. (2011-01-25) Ellie (holo-link): [as Isaac arrives at the Transport Hub] Isaac! We're up here! [to Stross] Come on, move! / Stross (holo-link): Hello, Isaac. / Ellie (holo-link): Well, this brings up bad memories. I barely managed to escape this CEC Facility this morning. / Isaac: [a little surprised] Wait, you're CEC? / Ellie (holo-link): Heavy equipment pilot, class Four. You? / Isaac: Engineer. / Ellie (holo-link): Nerd. Figures. [At that moment, the power goes out.] / Ellie: Shit...! / Stross: It's dark! He'll find me in the dark! / Ellie: Shut up! It's okay, it's just a power outage. / Isaac: You guys all right up there? / Stross: No... / Ellie: Shit. I think life support's out, too. That's not good. / Tiedemann (holo-link): [appearing on Isaac's RIG comms system] Our two remaining runners, Clarke and Stross. I knew it was only a matter of time before you reached the transit hub. You will find the train inoperable. / Isaac: Are you insane? You cut off power to life support! There may be other survivors over here! / Tiedemann (holo-link): The public sector is already beyond acceptable recovery conditions, and I can't allow you to escape. Goodbye, Clarke. [cuts the call]
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 6. (2011-01-25) Ellie: [once the Necromorphs are dealt with] Isaac, are you all right? I think that's all of them...for now. [switches to holo-link] Why did Tiedemann turn off the power? What did you do to piss him off so much? / Isaac: Ellie, do... [hesitates slightly] ...do you know what a Marker is? / Ellie (holo-link): Yeah. The Unitologists on my crew wouldn't shut up about it. Why? Is it real? / Isaac: Yeah, it's real. Tiedemann built one using codes, patterns stored in our heads—mine and Stross. Everything that's happening on this station is happening because of that Marker. I have to get to it and destroy it, and I need Stross to tell me how. / Ellie (holo-link): [at a loss for words] ...You're a strange man, Isaac. / Isaac: Will you help me? / Ellie: We're about to suffocate, so I think we'd better. / Isaac: [relieved] Okay, good. Listen, we need power. Without it, we have no air and no train. The Sprawl's gotta have backup batteries somewhere. / Ellie: Yes... [glances up] ...the solar arrays up there! But they've been mothballed for years. / Isaac: Okay, alright, good – I'm heading there now. If I can start 'em up and get some power to the train... / Ellie: You'll need someone to open the collector panels. I can do that. / Isaac: Take Stross 'n' keep him safe. [cuts the call]
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 7. (2011-01-25) Tiedemann (PA system): Clarke, I know you're up there. Understand that even if you survive long enough to restore power, there is no escape. All routes in and out of Government Sector are being monitored. Give up, Clarke.
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 8-9. (2011-01-25) Isaac: [seeing the Ishimura through the transport window] Oh my god. That can't be... That's the Ishimura... / Ellie: Yeah, used to be the pride of the CEC. Sad story, actually. I heard everyone on board died. Some sort of terrorist attack. / Isaac: [looks at Ellie, bewildered] What? "Terrorist attack"? What happened aboard that ship was no terrorist attack. / Ellie: ...What do you mean? / Isaac: That's where all this started, Ellie. Everything that's happening here happened on that ship. I was there; I saw [when it happened]— [A loud noise cuts Isaac off as the transport stops.] What—What's happening?! / Ellie: I dunno! Something must be blocking the track! / Isaac: Stay here. I'll take a look.
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 9. (2011-01-25) Tiedemann (holo-link): [after Isaac's group escapes the Transport Hub] In another situation, I might admire your persistence, Mr. Clarke, but this is bigger that you and bigger than the lives of everyone on this station. [...] Looks like it ends here. At this point, it's all just "dead weight". [cuts the call] / Ellie: Isaac, what did he mean? What did he mean when he said "dead weight"—?! [A bright beam of light is now visible on the left.] / Isaac: [realizing what's going on] He's usin' the solar beam. We gotta stop the transport, now! / Ellie: Oh, shit. [stops the transport just as the solar beam severs the rail] He's cut the station in half! There's no track to get across on! / Isaac: Back us up! Back us up to th[at] station! / Ellie: What? Why?! / Isaac: Just do it, Ellie! Hurry! [The transport moves back, stopping at—] The Ishimura. If the gravity tethers are still functional, I can— / Ellie: You can snare Gov Sec and drag it back? Isaac, this is ridiculous! / Isaac: If I can line the tracks up just for a few seconds, you should be able to get the transport across. Stay ready, and take care of Stross. / Ellie: [as the transport docks up to the Ishimura and Isaac's helmet reactivates] Isaac, no! This is a really bad idea! / Isaac: Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 11. (2011-01-25) Stross (holo-link): [holding Ellie down] Cross my heart and hope to die...! / Isaac: Stross! / Stross (holo-link): Stick a needle in your eye! [cuts the call before Stross runs the screwdriver into Ellie's right eye] / Isaac: Stross, goddammit!
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 11. (2011-01-25) Stross: [rushing to the shuttered gate, screwdriver in hand] There you are, Isaac! We've been waiting for you. Now, it's your turn! / Isaac: [seeing Ellie behind Stross] Oh, god. Ellie! / Stross: Step 3, then you'll— [Ellie knocks Stross down with a metal bar.] / Isaac: Ellie... / Ellie: [to Isaac] You owe me an eye, you bastard!
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 11. (2011-01-25) Stross: [as the door opens] There you are! [grabs Isaac] / Isaac: Whoa, Stross! Wh-What're you doing?! / Stross: You have to face her for me! [stabs at Isaac's helmet, which retracts.] Tell her I didn't mean to do it! [Isaac grabs Stross's arm; the player must rapidly press the A button to prevent Stross from stabbing him in the head.] / Isaac: Stross, it's me! / Stross: See her! / Isaac: It's Isaac! / Stross: Tell her...! / Isaac: Stross! / Stross: Step 3! [Isaac starts to push Stross's arm away...] Step 3! [...twists the screwdriver out of his hand, and stabs Stross in the head with it before pushing him away.] / Stross: [slumping to his knees, trying to grip the screwdriver] Oh god... / Isaac: [helmet reactivating] Why did you do it, Stross?! [Stross dies without answering.]
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 11. (2011-01-25) "Nicole": Why do you keep fighting me? Why can't you let go?! / Isaac: Because you were my everything. And if I let you go...I've got nothing left.
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 13. (2011-01-25) Ellie (holo-link): Isaac! What are you doing?! Open the door right now! No. No! No, don't you dare! Don't you dare launch this ship! [The gunship clears the docking tube.] Isaac! / Isaac: It's your best chance, Ellie. You got life support, comms... Hey, you're gonna be rescued. / Ellie (holo-link): You bastard... / Isaac: I need you to be rescued. I couldn't save Nicole, but I can still save you, Ellie. [The gunship starts to move away from the Sprawl.] So, uh...bye.
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 13. (2011-01-25) Tiedemann (holo-link): [to Isaac, as the Necromorphs surge through the now-powerless door] You compromised the compound, you idiot! If any of them reach that Marker... [to his men] Fall back! Fall back to the Marker chamber! We have to seal it off!
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 12. (2011-01-25) Tiedemann (holo-link): CLARKE! I knew you were trouble from the start, but they told me you were necessary! That your mind was the purest! I've spent years sifting through your demented brain! This is not the way it was supposed to happen! / Isaac: Well, how was it supposed to happen, Tiedemann?! / Tiedemann (holo-link): We had it under control! Clarke, this is not our fault! We were so close to understanding it! [The giant Marker begins to glow.] What? It's all those bodies you led in here! It's triggering...a Convergence event... But we never...expected...this many bodies...! [Energy emanates from the Marker, blowing Necromorphs into the air and cutting Tiedemann's call in the process.] / Isaac: [shielding his eyes] Why? What's it doing? / "Nicole": What it was made to do. Isaac, you have to make us whole.
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 13. (2011-01-25) Isaac: The Machine, just like Stross said. I remember this. The machine activates the parts of our brain were the Marker codes are stored. But how does that threaten the Marker? What were they afraid of? / "Nicole": Me. Us. Working together. / Isaac: Step four. / "Nicole": Yes. Are you ready? / Isaac: This is going to hurt, isn't it? / "Nicole": Yes. Step inside. [vanishes]
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 15. (2011-01-25) Tiedemann: The research in that Marker is worth every life we just lost! [...] I won't let you throw all this away.
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 15. (2011-01-25) "Nicole": [after Isaac kills Tiedemann] Thank you, Isaac. Now...time to die. / Isaac: What?! ["Nicole" pulls Isaac into a form of limbo in his mind..] / "Nicole": Yours is the last body we need to be reborn! The makers must be absorbed! / Isaac: The "makers"? You mean me? But Stross said we could destroy the Marker! / "Nicole": [appearing before Isaac as a dark silhouette] Not if we consume you first! / Isaac: [enraged] Goddammit, I trusted you! F**k you—and f**k your Marker!
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Ending. (2011-01-25) Ellie (holo-link): You complete bastard! Was this your great plan? Dump me off and die? / Isaac: I'm full of bad ideas, remember? / Ellie (holo-link): Yeah, well, here's another one: I'm crashing through the roof to get you. Now move your ass! / Isaac: What? No, no! Ellie! Ellie, it's too late! Steer clear of the station! / Ellie (holo-link): Yeah, well, you don't really have a say this time. Heads up! [...] Ellie: [reaching out to Isaac from the ship] Isaac! Take my hand! / Isaac: I'm tryin'! I'm—tryin'!
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 15. (2011-01-25) Ellie: ...What?
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 1: Rude Awakening. (5 February 2013) Cpt. Norton: I don't have a lot of time, so I'll make this brief. I understand that you're something of an expert on Markers. Your created one - / Isaac: I didn't make shit! Your government made me! / Cpt. Norton: And you destroyed two. Which is why we're here: we've got a job for you. / Isaac: No. No! I'm done with that! You find somebody else for your suicide mission! / Cpt. Norton: We did. And before we lost contact with her... [shows photo of Ellie] She told us to find you.
- "Dead Space 3 Will Have Co-Op, Be Out February 2013". Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 2: On Your Own. (5 February 2013) Cpt. Norton: [over the ship's PA system] Alright, everyone, listen up. Thirteen days ago, Agent Ellie Langford and her team attempted a blind shock to an uncharted planet that she believes holds the secret to stopping this Marker epidemic. But, we've been unable to make contact. Our number one priority is finding and securing Agent Langford and her team.
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. (5 February 2013)
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 4: History's Ember. (5 February 2013) Isaac: [to Carver] You could've warned me about Ellie and the Captain. / Sgt. Carver: No one cares about your love life, Marker Boy.
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 4: History's Ember. (5 February 2013) Ellie (audio): This is exactly what we've been looking for! This isn't just some random planet, Isaac! They found the source! The Marker homeworld!
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 7: Mayhem. (5 February 2013) Cpt. Norton: Ellie, I know this is how it all started, but we are in way over our heads! We can't take on a whole planet of those goddamn things! / Ellie: If not us, then who? EarthGov is gone, Robert! We're the only [ones who can save humanity], and you know it!
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 10: Now We Know. (5 February 2013)
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 12: Autopsy. (5 February 2013) Danik: Here he is: the Marker killer, Isaac Clarke. And here we are: the "Marker homeworld". You know, I must admit, I [almost] didn't believe this place existed. But thanks to your friend Norton, I've finally found it. / Sgt. Carver: [quietly, to Isaac] That's how they followed us through shockspace. […] / Cpt. Norton: He only wants Isaac, Carver. The rest of is can go home. / Sgt. Carver: [furious] You delusional son of a bitch—! [tries to attack Norton, only for a Unitologist soldier to grab him] […] / Danik: […] Now I just have one problem left to purge: all of you. / Cpt. Norton: [realizing] [No no!] You promised me a ship, Danik! We had a deal!
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 12: Autopsy. (5 February 2013) Cpt. Norton: [kicks Isaac in the chest] YOU made us come down here! YOU encouraged her! Now look where we are! Between Danik shooting at us and, whatever the f**k that was, what chance have we got?! / Isaac: You betrayed us—! / Cpt. Norton: No, I was trying to SAVE us! You're the problem here, Clarke! But not anymore. [steps back, ready to shoot] / Sgt. Carver: [stepping forward] Captain! / Cpt. Norton: [shoots at Carver's feet; Carver backs off] Stand down, Sargeant! [to Isaac] This is all your f**king fault! She doesn't love you! [Isaac manages to shoot Norton in the head, instantly killing him] / Isaac: [realizing what he'd done; horrified] Oh, f**k… Oh, F**K! / Sgt. Carver: C'mon. He won't stay dead forever, not around here. / Isaac: What am I gonna tell Ellie…? / Sgt. Carver: [looking Isaac in the eye] Hey. You tell her the truth. Now let's go.
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 13: Reach for the Sky. (5 February 2013) Ellie: Isaac! …Where's Robert? Is he…? […] / Isaac: …I shot him, Ellie. / Ellie: [in disbelief] What…?! / Isaac: I'm sorry. I had no choice. / Sgt. Carver: [stepping in] Norton betrayed us, Ellie! He was ready to kill us! Isaac did what he had to do to save the mission.
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 13: Reach for the Sky. (5 February 2013) Ellie: [as Isaac and Carver winch the lift to the top; stepping off] See? That wasn't so bad. / Santos: [picking up the gear] Not bad? I was crying the whole way! Just get me some solid ground under my— [Suddenly, the Snow Monster Necromorph lands on the lift, with Santos still on board.] Oh god! Help me! Isaac! / Isaac: [struggling with the winch] Santos! Carver, give me a hand! / Sgt. Carver: F**k. [grabs the winch] It's too heavy! / Isaac: No, I got it! […] / Sgt. Carver: Isaac, it's gonna take the cliff down, and us with it! / Isaac: No, [I can reach her!] Just hang onto the winch! Santos! Give me your hand! / Sgt. Carver: Isaac, it's too late for that! / Isaac: [to Santos] Take it! [Carver lets go of the winch, pulling Isaac back. He turns to see Carver holding an ice ax, and realizes what he intends to do.] Carver, no! NO! [Carver cuts the winch line, sending Santos and the Snow Monster falling down] / Santos: ISAAC! [A crash, then silence.] / Isaac: [in disbelief] I had her. Goddammit—I had her! / Sgt. Carver: It was gonna take us all down with it!
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 14: Everything Has Its Place. (5 February 2013) Isaac: [arriving at the Rosetta Lab] Wow. So this is Rosetta's lab, huh? / Ellie: Oh, finally! And this is an assembly station, according to the controls. / Isaac: So we're here to assemble a Codex. That makes sense. / Ellie: Uhh, no. According to this, we're here to assemble…Rosetta. [in disbelief] They cut her into pieces?! Oh my god… / Sgt. Carver: F**k this day.
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. (5 February 2013)
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 15: A Change of Fortune. (5 February 2013) Isaac: Oh no... no... We've got it all wrong... This isn't the Marker homeworld! The aliens, they... they found the Markers, just like us - and it spread! It consumed them, it... it pulled their bodies into the sky to form the final stage... Oh my god! The moon... The Moon is the source of the Marker Signal, not the Machine! The Moon is Convergence! The aliens, they... they built the Machine to freeze the planet - to keep the Moon from becoming whole!
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 19: Endings. (5 February 2013) Sgt. Carver: [helping Isaac to the Machine] So this is it, huh? We use that Codex? / Isaac: Yeah. [stands in front of the Codex recepticle] / Sgt. Carver: No more bullshit? We die here, now? / Isaac: [nods] But Earth… [turns to the Codex] …gets a tomorrow.
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 19: Endings. (5 February 2013) Ellie: Isaac? Isaac? Are you there? Carver? Isaac? You're gone, aren't you? … The Marker signal… It's gone, too…! Isaac… You did it. You really did it…
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Post-Credits. (5 February 2013) Isaac: …Ellie? …Ellie…
- Funk, John (June 19, 2009). "Dead Space's Isaac Clarke Tees Off With Tiger Woods". The Escapist. Retrieved August 1, 2013.
- Bradford, Matt (October 4, 2011). "Dead Space's Isaac Clarke joins NBA Jam: On Fire Edition roster". GamesRadar. Retrieved August 1, 2013.
- "Zeus and Isaac Clarke added to PlayStation All-Stars". Destructoid. March 19, 2013. Retrieved August 1, 2013.
- "In the Spotlight: Isaac Clarke". PlayStation Universe. February 10, 2013. Retrieved August 1, 2013.
- "100 best heroes in video games". GamesRadar. November 9, 2012. Retrieved August 1, 2013.
- Cooper, Hollander (June 23, 2012). "The Top 7... Mentally damaged characters we love". GamesRadar. p. 2. Retrieved August 1, 2013.
- Cooper, Hollander (September 28, 2012). "The Top 7... Most badass game characters of the generation". GamesRadar. Retrieved August 1, 2013.
- Meikleham, Dave (June 23, 2012). "The Top 7... disastrous game romances". GamesRadar. p. 2. Retrieved August 1, 2013.
- Schedeen, Jesse (October 15, 20008). "Players Wanted: Ultimate Fighting Game, Part 2". IGN. Retrieved August 1, 2013.
- Avellan, Drea (February 1, 2013). "16. Issac Clarke — The 50 Most Badass Video Game Characters Of All Time". Complex. Retrieved August 1, 2013.
- Meli, Marissa (March 4, 2011). "The Coolest Helmets and Headgear in Video Games". UGO Networks. Retrieved August 1, 2013.