Cuenca in action for Barcelona in 2011
|Full name||Joan Isaac Cuenca López|
|Date of birth||27 April 1991|
|Place of birth||Reus, Spain|
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Forward / Winger|
|2010–2011||→ Sabadell (loan)||32||(4)|
|2013||→ Ajax (loan)||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 28 April 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Cuenca finished his formation with CF Damm and Barcelona, rejoining the latter in 2009. He made his senior debuts in the 2010–11 season, being loaned to another club in his native region, CE Sabadell FC in the third division; he made an immediate impact, starting in 24 of his appearances and totalling 2,288 minutes as the Arlequinats returned to the second level after an 18-year absence.
In June 2011 Cuenca returned to Barcelona and joined its B-team, alongside Martí Riverola. Shortly after he was called by first-team manager Pep Guardiola to the pre-season, and made his debut on 23 July against HNK Hajduk Split.
Cuenca made his official debut for Barça B on 4 September 2011, playing the last 29 minutes in a 4–0 away win against FC Cartagena and scoring the last goal of the match. On 19 October he made his first official appearance for the main squad, replacing David Villa in the dying minutes of a 2–0 home success against FC Viktoria Plzeň for the season's UEFA Champions League.
On 25 October 2011, after another game as a substitute (unused), Cuenca made his La Liga debut, playing the full 90 minutes and being booked in a 1–0 away win against Granada CF. Four days later, again as a starter, he scored in a 5–0 home success over RCD Mallorca, assisted by Adriano.
On 3 December 2011 Cuenca netted his second league goal, playing the entire 5–0 home routing of Levante UD. On 31 January 2012 he signed a contract extension with the Blaugrana, keeping him at the club until June 2015, and also switched permanently to the first team, being assigned jersey number 23.
Cuenca spent the first half of the 2012–13 season nursing a knee injury. On 31 January 2013, he was loaned to Eredivisie side AFC Ajax until the end of the campaign. He was given the number 11 shirt, which was previously worn by Lorenzo Ebecilio; that jersey, however, was reserved for league and Dutch Cup matches, while he wore number 28 in the club's UEFA Europa League campaign, as Ebecilio had already made continental appearances with the club wearing the former number during the season.
Cuenca made his debut for his new team 10 February 2013, against Roda JC Kerkrade at the Amsterdam Arena, assisting Daley Blind in his first ever goal for Ajax as the match ended in a 1–1 draw. However, in March, he suffered another knee injury, being sidelined for a further four months; he underwent surgery in early June, returning to training in October.
- "Sabadell: presentado Isaac Cuenca" [Sabadell: Isaac Cuenca presented] (in Spanish). esFutbol. 2 September 2010. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- Riverola and Cuenca return to Barça B; Total Barça, 4 June 2011
- El Barça debuta sin dinamita (Barça has unexplosive debut); Marca, 23 July 2011 (Spanish)
- Vuelve el mejor Barça B con un festival goleador en Cartagonova (The best Barça B returns with a scoring festival in Cartagonova); Marca, 4 September 2011 (Spanish)
- "Barcelona flex muscles without overwhelming Plzeň". UEFA.com. 19 October 2011. Retrieved 19 October 2011.
- "Xavi strike sees of Granada". ESPN Soccernet. 25 October 2011. Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- "Messi to the fore once again". ESPN Soccernet. 29 October 2011. Retrieved 29 October 2011.
- "Fabregas bags brace in rout". ESPN Soccernet. 3 December 2011. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- Cuenca signs extension to contract; Barcelona's official website, 31 January 2012
- "Isaac Cuenca sale del hospital" [Isaac Cuenca leaves hospital]. Goal.com. 2 June 2012. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "Cuenca returns to training, Alves injury update". Total Barça. 26 November 2012. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "Isaac Cuenca, cedido al Ajax" [Isaac Cuenca, loaned to Ajax] (in Spanish). Marca. 31 January 2013. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Cuenca krijgt twee rugnummers" [Cuenca gets two shirt numbers] (in Dutch). De Telegraaf. 4 February 2013. Retrieved 4 February 2013.
- "Unsuccessful mission for Ajax". Ajax's official website. 10 February 2013. Retrieved 11 February 2013.
- "Isaac Cuenca regresa a Barcelona con su rodilla maltrecha" [Isaac Cuenca returns to Barcelona with his battered knee] (in Spanish). El Mundo Deportivo. 11 March 2013. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- "Isaac Cuenca: "Ya solo pienso en volver a jugar pronto"" [Isaac Cuenca: "I am only thinking in returning to play soon"] (in Spanish). Sport. 7 June 2013. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "Isaac Cuenca, principal novedad en el entrenamiento del Barça" [Isaac Cuenca, main novelty in Barça's training] (in Spanish). Diario AS. 8 October 2013. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "Isaac Cuenca" (in Dutch). Voetbal International. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
- Transfermarkt player statistics