|Birth name||Clarke Isaac Hanson|
|Born||November 17, 1980|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, bass guitar, piano, keyboards, synthesizers, drums|
|Labels||Mercury Records (1997-1999)
Island Records (1999-2003)
3CG Records (2003-present)
Clarke Isaac Hanson (born November 17, 1980) is an American musician best known as a member of the pop rock trio Hanson, which includes his two younger brothers Taylor and Zac. He sings both back-up and lead vocals, and plays electric and acoustic guitar, as well as the piano, bass and the synth.
Early life and career
Hanson and his younger brothers, Taylor and Zac, started a band initially called The Hanson Brothers (later changed to just 'Hanson') in 1992. At the time, Isaac was eleven, Taylor was nine, and Zac was six. They performed as an a cappella group outside clubs in their hometown of Tulsa, OK. On May 6, 1997, the band released Middle of Nowhere, their first album with Mercury Records and their third studio album overall. The first single, "MMMBop", hit number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. May 6th has been declared "Hanson Day" in the brothers' hometown of Tulsa, OK in honor of the release of Middle of Nowhere.
Hanson married Nicole Dufresne of Panama City, Florida, on September 30, 2006 in Tulsa at the Philbrook Museum of Art in a ceremony in front of 300 guests. Hanson met Dufresne after spotting her in the 5th row of a crowd at their 2003 New Orleans concert.
In 2003 Hanson was hospitalized for thoracic outlet syndrome, a sometimes painful compression of the blood vessels that can be caused by repetitive action like guitar playing. On October 3, 2007, Isaac was hospitalized again with a pulmonary embolism after suffering severe shoulder and chest pains.
Hanson is a co-founder and co-CEO of 3CG Records, along with brothers Taylor and Zac.
- "Discover AOL - Download Software, Service Info, PC Security Tips". People.aol.com. Retrieved 2012-06-18.
- "Isaac Hanson, Wife Welcome First Child - Birth, Isaac Hanson". People.com. 2007-04-07. Retrieved 2012-06-18.
- Dyball, Rennie (2008-07-10). "Isaac Hanson and Wife Nicole Have a Boy!". People.com. Retrieved 2012-06-18.
- "People Magazine Hanson". Hanson.net. 2007-10-13. Retrieved 2012-06-18.
- Fleeman, Mike (2007-10-03). "Musician Isaac Hanson Hospitalized - Hanson, Health, Isaac Hanson". People.com. Retrieved 2012-06-18.