Isaac Hempstead-Wright, November 2011
|Born||Isaac William Hempstead
Isaac Hempstead-Wright is an English actor. Beginning his professional acting career at the age of eleven, Hempstead-Wright is best known for his role as Bran Stark on the HBO series Game of Thrones, which earned him a Young Artist Award nomination as Best Young Supporting Actor in a TV Series.
Isaac Hempstead-Wright had no interest in acting until he joined a drama club to get out of playing football on Saturday mornings during the cold months of the year.
He made it his screen debut in the horror film, The Awakening. But, the big break came when he was cast as Bran Stark on Game of Thrones, which earned him two Screen Actors Guild Awards nominations as Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in Drama Series at the 18th and 20th Screen Actors Guild Awards.
He plays piano and drums.
|2011–present||Game of Thrones||Bran Stark||Main Role, 21 episodes|
|2013||Closed Circuit||Tom Rose|
|2014||The Boxtrolls||Eggs||Voice and movement only|
Awards and nominations
|2011||Scream Award||Best Ensemble||Game of Thrones||Nominated|||
|2012||Screen Actors Guild Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in Drama Series||Game of Thrones||Nominated|
|2013||Young Artist Award||Best Performance in a TV Series – Supporting Young Actor||Game of Thrones||Nominated|||
|2014||Screen Actors Guild Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in Drama Series||Game of Thrones||Nominated|
- "Isaac Hempstead Wright". BoyActors. Retrieved April 25, 2014.
- "2013 NOMINATIONS". Young Artist Awards. 2013. Retrieved April 25, 2014.
- "Isaac Hempstead-Wright: Biography". TV Guide. Retrieved April 25, 2014.
- Strachan, Alex (April 3, 2014). "Game of Thrones’ lost boy: Isaac Hempstead-Wright relishes his wild-child role". The Vancouver Sun.
- "Scream Awards 2011". Spike. Retrieved 1 April 2013.[dead link]
|This article about a British television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|