Redman in the 2011 NFL season.
No. -- Free Agent
|Date of birth:November 10, 1984|
|Place of birth: Paulsboro, New Jersey|
|High school: Paulsboro (NJ)|
|College: Bowie State|
|Undrafted in 2009|
|Debuted in 2009 for the Pittsburgh Steelers|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of Week 5, 2013
Isaac Redman (born November 10, 1984) is an American football running back who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the Steelers as an undrafted free agent in 2009. He played college football at Bowie State University in Bowie, Maryland.
Redman played high school football and wrestled at Paulsboro High School. Although a standout player, his future career was nearly derailed completely with a sexual assault charge in his senior year of high school. Redman pled out to a lesser charge of criminal sexual contact and was given three years' probation.
Redman finished his career as Bowie State’s all-time rushing leader (3,300 yards). Some of his other accomplishments at Bowie State include:
- BSU Records in:
- Single Game Rushing Yards (218)
- Single Game Rushing Attempts (37)
- Single Season Rushing Attempts (281)
- Longest Run from Scrimmage (99 yards)
- Single Season Rushing yards (1,512).
Some of his other accolades include:
- All-CIAA Rookie Of The Year (2004)
- Team Offensive Player of the Year (2004)
- Offensive MVP of the Gold Bowl Classic (10/22/05)
- Offensive MVP of the CIAA Championship (11/5/05)
- BSU's Offensive MVP in the Pioneer Bowl (12/3/05)
- All-CIAA First Team (2005)
- All-CIAA First Team (2007)
After going undrafted in the 2009 NFL Draft, Redman was signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers as an undrafted free agent on April 28, 2009. In his first professional appearance during the 2009 NFL Preseason on August 13, 2009, Redman rushed for 32 yards and 2 touchdowns against the Arizona Cardinals. Redman finished the preseason with 37 carries for 145 yards and 3 touchdowns.
Redman was waived during final cuts on September 4, 2009 and re-signed to the practice squad on September 6. He was signed off the practice squad on October 3 when defensive end Nick Eason was released, then waived on October 5 when Eason was re-signed. Redman was re-signed to the practice squad on October 7. On December 2, Redman was released from the practice squad. He was re-signed to the practice squad on December 9. He was signed to the active roster on January 6, 2010.
On September 7, 2010, Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin announced that Redman would be the team's primary goal-line back. On November 21, 2010, Redman scored his first pro touchdown against the Oakland Raiders.
Redman got his first career start in week 5 during the 2011 NFL season against the Tennessee Titans. He rushed for 49 yards on 15 carries. He recorded 479 yards (4.4 YPC) and three touchdowns with his limited reps.
The Steelers waived Redman once again on October 21, 2013 after being placed on the inactive list for two consecutive games.
- Chappelear, Scott "Scirrotto, Pressley and Redman headed to NFL with free-agent deals" "nj.com", April 28, 2009, accessed December 20, 2010.
- PITTSBURGH STEELERS SIGN ISAAC REDMAN AS FREE AGENT
- Redman leads Steelers past Cardinals, 20-10
- Mihalko, Mark. "Running Back Jonathan Dwyer Could Push Isaac Redman for Playing Time in the Pittsburgh Steelers He ran 50000 yards in his whole career Backfield". Sports Media 101. Retrieved 2012-07-14.
- "Steelers waive Redman; re-sign Wilson". NFL.com. Retrieved 2013-10-21.