April 8, 1978 |
Ypsilanti, Michigan, United States
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||156 lb (71 kg; 11 st 2 lb)|
|Reach||70.0 in (178 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States|
|Team||Jackson's Submission Fighting|
|Rank||Purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu|
|Years active||2003 - present|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Isaac Vallie-Flagg (born April 8, 1978) is an American mixed martial artist, who formerly competed in the Lightweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. A professional competitor since 2003, he has also formerly competed in Strikeforce and King of the Cage.
Vallie-Flagg is from Ann Arbor, Michigan and attended Community High School. Troubled growing up, Vallie-Flagg was not active in sports apart from dabbling with lacrosse. After viewing a UFC event, Vallie-Flagg began training in mixed martial arts and Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
Mixed martial arts career
Vallie-Flagg was scheduled to face Adriano Martins at Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Healy. However on September 23, 2012 it was announced that the event was cancelled due to an injury to headliner Gilbert Melendez.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Vallie-Flagg was briefly linked to a bout with Danny Castillo on April 26, 2014 at UFC 172. However, the UFC removed Vallie-Flagg from the bout in favor of a match up with Takanori Gomi. He lost the fight via unanimous decision. Despite the loss on the scorecards, Vallie-Flagg was awarded his first Fight of the Night bonus award for the bout.
Vallie-Flagg faced Matt Wiman at UFC Fight Night 57 on November 22, 2014. He lost the back-and-forth fight via unanimous decision, and was subsequently released from the promotion shortly after.
Championships and accomplishments
Mixed Martial Arts
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|21 matches||14 wins||6 losses|
|Loss||14–6–1||Matt Wiman||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Edgar vs. Swanson||November 22, 2014||3||5:00||Austin, Texas, United States|
|Loss||14–5–1||Takanori Gomi||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 172||April 26, 2014||3||5:00||Baltimore, Maryland, United States||Fight of the Night|
|Loss||14–4–1||Elias Silvério||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Rockhold vs. Philippou||January 15, 2014||3||5:00||Duluth, Georgia, United States|
|Win||14–3–1||Yves Edwards||Decision (split)||UFC 156||February 2, 2013||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||13–3–1||Gesias Cavalcante||Decision (split)||Strikeforce: Barnett vs. Cormier||May 19, 2012||3||5:00||San Jose, California, United States||Drops to Lightweight|
|Win||12–3–1||Brian Melancon||Decision (split)||Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum||June 18, 2011||3||5:00||Dallas, Texas, United States||Catchweight (175 lb) bout|
|Win||11–3–1||Danny Rodriguez||TKO (knee & punches)||Jackson's MMA Series 4||April 9, 2011||2||3:28||Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States|
|Win||10–3–1||Alejandro Villalobos||KO (punches)||Nemesis Fighting: MMA Global Invasion||December 11, 2010||3||N/A||Punta Cana, Dominican Republic|
|Draw||9–3–1||Ken Jackson||Draw||C3 Fights: Slammin Jammin Weekend 5||August 7, 2010||3||5:00||Newkirk, Oklahoma, United States|
|Win||9–3||Robert Simmons||TKO (punches)||KOTC: Native Warriors||March 6, 2010||1||2:48||Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States|
|Win||8–3||Mike Barreras||Decision (unanimous)||DCMMAS: Duke City MMA Series 2||July 25, 2009||3||5:00||Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States|
|Win||7–3||Anselmo Martinez||Decision (unanimous)||Gods of War||January 24, 2009||3||5:00||Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States|
|Win||6–3||Adrian Gutierrez||TKO (punches)||SCA: Duke City Bike and Brawl 2||August 23, 2008||2||N/A||Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States|
|Win||5–3||Brad Nordquist||TKO (punches)||KOTC: Badlands||July 12, 2008||2||0:50||Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States|
|Win||4–3||Abel Vargas||Submission (rear-naked choke)||KOTC: Hierarchy||October 13, 2007||1||2:01||Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States|
|Loss||3–3||Rudy Bears||Submission (rear-naked choke)||FW 15: Rumble at Rt. 66 Casino||July 28, 2007||1||4:00||Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States|
|Win||3–2||Ashton Castro||Submission (punches)||YTYT: Ground Um and Pound Um||April 21, 2007||1||4:15||Kona, Hawaii, United States|
|Loss||2–2||Patrick Reeves||Submission (armbar)||Knuckle Up Productions: Fight Night||August 4, 2006||1||1:07||Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States|
|Win||2–1||Eric Regan||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Knuckle Up Productions: Slugfest||May 19, 2006||1||1:23||Espanola, New Mexico, United States|
|Win||1–1||Danny Wren||Decision (unanimous)||KOTC 35: Acoma||February 28, 2004||2||5:00||Acoma, New Mexico, United States|
|Loss||0–1||Ben Schilsler||Submission (armbar)||KOTC 26: Gladiator Challenge||August 3, 2003||1||0:29||Acoma, New Mexico, United States|
- "Fight Card - UFC 172 Jones vs. Teixeira". UFC.com. Retrieved May 3, 2014.
- "Isaac Vallie-Flagg - Official UFC Fighter Profile". UFC.com. Retrieved November 23, 2014.
- "Strikeforce: JZ-Wilcox no contest, Heun, Burrell, Vallie-Flag, Moore earn wins". Retrieved 14 July 2011.
- "Isaac Vallie-Flagg out at Strikeforce Challengers 20, promotion seeking lightweight". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 14 November 2011.
- "Strikeforce Update: JZ Cavalcante Matched Against Isaac Vallie-Flagg for May 19 Card in San Jose". sherdog.com. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "Isaac Vallie-Flagg Faces Adriano Martins at Strikeforce ‘Melendez vs. Healy’ in Sacramento". sherdog.com. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Strikeforce Announces Cancellation of Saturday's Event in Sacramento". strikeforce.com. September 23, 2012.
- "Yves Edwards vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg added to February's UFC 156 fight card". mmajunkie.com. January 7, 2013.
- Jeff Cain (March 6, 2013). "Sam Stout vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg Added to UFC 161 Fight Card". MMAweekly.com. Retrieved March 7, 2013.
- Staff (2013-05-29). "James Krause replaces Isaac Vallie-Flagg, meets Sam Stout at UFC 161". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-05-29.
- Dana Becker (2013-12-07). "Isaac Vallie-Flagg To Face Elias Silverio". fightline.com. Retrieved 2013-12-07.
- Shaun Al-Shatti (February 20, 2014). "Danny Castillo vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg slated for UFC 172 in Baltimore". MMAfighting.com. Retrieved February 20, 2014.
- Staff (March 4, 2014). "Takanori Gomi replaces Danny Castillo, meets Isaac Vallie-Flagg at UFC 172". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved March 4, 2014.
- Staff (March 5, 2014). "Danny Castillo rebooked against Charlie Brenneman at UFC 172". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- Matt Erickson (2014-04-27). "UFC 172 bonuses: Gomi, Vallie-Flagg, Benavidez, Beal win $50,000". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-04-27.
- MMAJunkie Staff (2014-08-27). "Matt Wiman returns at UFC Fight Night 57 in Austin, meets Isaac Vallie-Flagg". mmajunke.com. Retrieved 2014-08-27.
- MMAJunkie.com Staff (2014-12-30). "Isaac Vallie-Flagg announces UFC release, petitions Bellator MMA for job". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-12-30.