Isabel Gómez-Bassols is a psychologist, writer, and broadcaster in the United States. She is a radio talk show host on Univisión's nationwide Spanish-language radio network, and also appears regularly on television.
Gómez-Bassols was born in Cuba; she has lived in Miami for most of her life. She has postgraduate degrees in education, psychology and pschyological diagnosis. She worked as a schoolteacher, and later as a psychologist, for the public school system of Miami-Dade County, where she became head of the psychological services department. She has written five self-help books and two children's books.
Gómez-Bassols has hosted a nationwide daily talk show, Dra. Isabel, since 1998, beginning on Radio Unica. The show has been broadcast by Univision Radio since 2004. On television, she has made regular appearances as a commentator on Cristina and Sábado Gigante, and she has her own weekly television show as well. In 2002 Gómez-Bassols performed as herself (Doctora Isabel) in five episodes of the The Bold and the Beautiful.
- Diaz, Johnny (June 17, 2003). "The good doctora: Millions nationwide are tuning in to the friendly, firm advice of Spanish-language radio host Isabel Gomez-Bassols". Boston Globe. Accessed March 2014.
- Diaz, Johnny (March 25, 2012). "La doctora is in: Grandmother of 8 dispenses advice on the radio". South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Accessed March 2014.
- Baxter, Kevin. Compassion in the Air. December 03, 1998. Los Angeles Times
- Mujer Awards: 20th Anniversary; November 14, 2013; Washington D.C.. National Hispana Leadership Institute. Accessed March 2014.[self-published source?]
- Dra. Isabel Books and Audiobooks. DoctoraIsabel.net.
- "Univision Radio Launches National Self-Help Radio Program with the Popular Dra. Isabel Gomez-Bassols". Business Wire. March 8, 2004.
- PROGRAMACIÓN. Univision America.