Fontana at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival
|Born||Isabeli Bergossi Fontana
July 4, 1983
|Height||5 ft 9.5 in (1.77 m)|
|Manager||Women Management (New York, Milan), Silent models (Paris)|
Early life and discovery
Fontana was born in Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil, from a family of Italian origin. In 1996 she made it to the finals of the Elite Model Look when she was just 13 and in the following year she moved from Brazil to Milan, Italy.
In 1999, at the age of 16, she appeared in the Victoria's Secret lingerie catalogue. The shoot caused controversy, as Victoria's Secret stated that they would not use girls younger than 18. Soon after the Victoria's Secret shoot, she was signed by Versace, Ralph Lauren and Valentino.
Fontana has been the face of a variety of advertising campaigns including Shiatzy Chen, Armani Jeans, Chanel, Colcci, Disritmia, Dolce and Gabbana, Emporio Armani, Enrique Martinez[disambiguation needed], Escada, H&M, Helena Rubinstein, Hugo Boss, Hussein Chalayan, Massimo Dutti, Mango M. Officer, Nicole Farhi, Oscar de la Renta, Peter Hahn, Philips, Ralph Lauren, Revlon, Roberto Cavalli, Rosa Chá, Saks Fifth Avenue, Tommy Hilfiger, Triton, Valentino, Versace, Victoria's Secret, Vivara and others. Photographed by Steven Meisel, she was presented on the September 2004 cover of American Vogue as one of the "Models of the Moment".
As a youth, Fontana attended Catholic School in the Portão district of Curitiba. She is often seen making the Sign of the Cross in footage. She is a non-practising Roman Catholic. She was married to model Álvaro Jacomossi but they divorced in 2004. Their son, Zion, was born in 2003. Fontana married actor and model Henri Castelli on December 10, 2005 and their son, Lucas, was born on October 23, 2006 in São Paulo. Fontana and Castelli divorced in 2007. She was engaged to Rohan Marley but the engagement ended in early 2013.
- Isabeli Fontana Profile on FMD. Accessed 2008-09-02.
- Isabeli's profile at New York Magazine
- Vogue Italia, 12/13/2012
- Isabeli's profile at Fashion Model Directory
- Lee, Helen (11 April 2007). "Vogue’s ‘World’s Next Top Models’ cover". SassyBella.com. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- Isabeli Fontana | Models.com Database
- forbes.com The World's 15 Top-Earning Models April 30, 2008.
- Isabeli Fontana to be a Telecast Judge during Miss Universe Final.
- Isabeli Fontana Interview
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Isabeli Fontana.|
- Isabeli Fontana at the Fashion Model Directory
- Isabeli Fontana at the Internet Movie Database
- Askmen.com profile