|Born||1952 (age 60–61)|
|Known for||Fiancée of Ilich Ramírez Sánchez|
|Partner(s)||Ilich Ramírez Sánchez|
She became a lawyer and worked with Jacques Vergès, defender of Djamila Bouhired, and she supports her defence of "revolutionary fighters" with income from her activities as a business lawyer.
Her fiancé Carlos is currently held in Clairvaux Prison, where he is part of the general inmate population, and their attempts to marry have been frustrated by legal issues. Conjugal visits can only be made after a civil marriage occurs; a Muslim ceremony performed in 2001 (when Carlos was married to his second wife, and Isabelle was married to her first husband) had no legal force. She believes Carlos is innocent of all his alleged crimes in Paris.
Her other clients include Stellio Capo Chichi, Youssouf Fofana (murderer of Ilan Halimi), Roger Garaudy, Mohamed Benalel Merah (father of Mohammed Merah responsible for Toulouse and Montauban shootings), Charles Sobhraj, and the Islamic Republic of Iran against the movie Argo.
- "Paris: un groupe antisémite arrêté". Le Figaro (in French). 7 October 2009. Retrieved 10 March 2013.
- Cherfils, Mildrade (3 September 2009). "Isabelle Coutant Peyre: defender of last resort". GlobalPost. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- Tordjman, Jeremy (15 June 2012). "Passé du PCF au négationnisme, Roger Garaudy est mort à l'âge de 98 ans". Agence France-Presse (in French). Retrieved 10 March 2013.
- "Father of Toulouse killer Mohamed Merah sues for murder". BBC News. 11 June 2012. Retrieved 10 March 2013.
- "UN comes to Charles Sobhraj's rescue". The Times of India. 11 March 2009. Retrieved 10 March 2013.
- "Lawyer For Iran Mulling ‘Argo’ Suits In France, Switzerland, U.S.; Says Obama Oscar Appearance Seen As Government Strategy". Deadline London. 18 March 2013. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
|This French law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|