Isang Dakot Na Luha
|Isang Dakot Na Luha|
|Created by||Associated Broadcasting Company|
|Written by||Renato Custodio Jr.
|Directed by||Eric Quizon|
|Theme music composer||Boy Christopher Ramos|
|Opening theme||"Isang Dakot na Luha" by Katrina Velarde|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||78|
|Executive producer(s)||Jhanice Casallo-Damaso|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Original channel||Associated Broadcasting Company (TV5)|
|Picture format||NTSC 480i|
|Original run||February 27, 2012– June 15, 2012|
Isang Dakot Na Luha (One Handful of Tears) is a Philippine afternoon drama series topbilled by Alice Dixson, Danita Paner, Jay Manalo and Glydel Mercado, broadcast on Associated Broadcasting Company (TV5) and started airing on February 27, 2012.
The series is all about a story of a mother, in her struggle to keep her children from being taken away from her, needs to deal with unfortunate circumstances. Amelia played by Alice Dixson and Mario played by Jay Manalo, an ill-fated couple who get estranged from each other and will soon lose their three children.
The Series also premieres with the afternoon launch of Felina: Prinsesa ng mga Pusa.
The San Diego's are a poor but happy family raised by the good couple, Amelia and Mario with their three daughters; Angela, Almira and Mirasol. They lived with Mario's stepmother, Lucing, who secretly maltreated Amelia. Because of their debts, Mario decided to find a job and work in Manila where he met Veronica Vergara, a prominent and wealthy heiress of Mr. Vergara's fortune. Veronica falls in love with Mario. She seduces him and plans to have him as her husband. When Veronica finds out about Mario's family, she plans to destroy them with the help of Mario's evil stepmother Lucing as an accomplice.
Amelia decided to work abroad to support their needs but this made her fell to Veronica's trap. She was hostaged to an illegal employer for several years. Angela, Almira and Pangga was left to Amelia's bestfriend Edna but an accident led Edna's death after she saved Almira from hitting by a vehicle. The poor little San Diego's was left to Lucing where they were maltreated. Veronica apprenticed Lucing to change Amelia's good image to her children.
Amelia and Mario's daughters fate which is to separate from each other faced them. Time came when Veronica's daughter Lyla died and because of she wanted to have a child again she decided to have Almira. Pangga was separated from Angela and was left to Helga, a Chinese businesswoman who adopted her. Angela was then left alone with resentment against her mother who she knew was the cause of the ruin and misfortune their family obtained.
Cast and Characters
- Alice Dixson as Amelia San Diego/Amelis Reyes
- Danita Paner as Angela San Diego
- Jay Manalo as Mario San Diego
- Glydel Mercado as Veronica Vergara-San Diego
- Lianne Valentino as Almira
- Junyka Santarin as Pangga/Ging-ging
- Karel Marquez as Bernadette
- Daria Ramirez as Lucing San Diego
- Jenny Miller as Fiona
- Edgar Allan Guzman as Miguel
- Elvis Gutierrez as Ronan
- Nikka Valencia as Edna
- Lito Legaspi as Mr. Vergara
- Sheryl Cruz as Helga
- Shiela Marie Rodriguez as Olivia San Diego
- January Isaac as Mona
- Leandro Baldemor as Carla Macalintal
- Celine Lim as Young Angela
- Melzen Aquino as Young Almira
- Kimberly Fulgar as Rhodora
- Mary Roldan as Isabelle
- TV5's 1st-quarter surge promises to bring more, more, more retrieved via www.interaksyon.com 02-15-2012
- Karel Marquez comfortable playing kontrabida and bida roles; excited to work on new drama series with TV5 | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz
- Danita Paner will star in TV5's Isang Dakot ng Luha together with Alice Dixson, Jay Manalo, and Glydel Mercado retrieved via www.pep.ph 02-07-2012
- Alice Dixson contemplates on adopting a child retrieved via www.pep.ph 02-16-2012
- Alice Dixson can accept offers from other networks but TV5 remains her priority retrieved via www.pep.ph 02-16-2012
- TV5 offers afternoon tearjerker with Isang Dakot na Luha retrieved via www.interaksyon.com 02-24-2012