|Elevation||5,120 ft (1,560 m)|
Ishaka is located in Igara County, Bushenyi District, in Western Uganda. It is located approximately 76 kilometres (47 mi), by road, west of Mbarara, the largest city in the sub-region. This location is approximately 12 kilometres (7.5 mi), by road, west of Bushenyi, the location of the district headquarters.
Ishaka is a town in Igara County, in Bushenyi District. Together with the neighboring town of Bushenyi, it forms the Bushenyi-Ishaka Metropolitan Area. It is the largest metropolis in the district. The district headquarters are located in Bushenyi. Kampala International University, one of the thirty one (31) universities in the country maintains its Western Campus in Ishaka. This campus houses KIU's medical school, the fourth (4th) medical school in Uganda.
The exact population of Ishaka is not known as of February 2010.
Points of interest
The following points of interesr lie within the town limits or close to the town limits:
- The offices of Ishaka Town Council
- Ishaka Central Market - The largest source of fresh produce in the town
- The Western Campus of Kampala International University (KIU), one of Uganda's twenty three (23) private universities.
- The junction of the Mbarara-Ishaka Road with the Ntungamo-Rubirizi Road
- Ishaka Adventist Hospital - A 110-bed community hospital affiliated with the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- A branch of Stanbic Bank - The largest of Uganda's licensed commercial banks
- A branch of Barclays Bank - Uganda's third-largest commercial bank by assets
- A branch of Finance Trust Bank
- A branch of Pride Microfinance Limited - A Tier III Financial Institution