|No. 3 – Phoenix Suns|
July 5, 1988 |
Charlotte, North Carolina
|Listed height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Listed weight||175 lb (79 kg)|
|High school||Central Cabarrus
(Concord, North Carolina)
|College||Wake Forest (2006–2010)|
|NBA draft||2010 / Undrafted|
|Pro playing career||2010–present|
|2011||→Rio Grande Valley Vipers|
|2011–2012||Golden State Warriors|
|Stats at NBA.com|
Ishmael Larry "Ish" Smith (born July 5, 1988) is an American professional basketball player. He played college basketball at Wake Forest, finishing second in all-time assists in school history and then went undrafted in the 2010 NBA Draft but was later signed by the Houston Rockets and eventually made it through the season until the trade deadline, when he was traded to the Memphis Grizzlies. After the 2011 NBA lockout ended, he was waived by Memphis and claimed by the Golden State Warriors. In 2012, he signed with the Orlando Magic. He was traded to the Milwaukee Bucks in 2013, and traded to the Phoenix Suns later that year.
Smith made 15 appearances for the Grizzlies in the 2010–11 season after the trade, all off of the bench.
Golden State Warriors
On December 14, 2011, he was waived by the Grizzlies but was then claimed off waivers by the Golden State Warriors on December 16. On December 28, he started for the Warriors in a win against the New York Knicks in place of the injured Stephen Curry, scoring 11 points, with 6 rebounds and 4 assists. Smith was then waived by the Warriors on January 13, 2012.
On August 29, 2013, Smith and Viacheslav Kravtsov were traded to the Phoenix Suns for Caron Butler. In his third game with the Suns, Smith produced a career-high 8 assists in a 104-98 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans. Smith matched his career high in assists (along with 8 points, 2 rebounds, and 3 steals) in a 116-100 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks on January 4, 2014. Smith was also be the third player to record two 8+ assist games while playing under 20 minutes with the Suns, after the first two players being Jeff Hornacek and Goran Dragić. Smith would then get a new career-high 15 points to go with 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks (with 10 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, and the 2 steals and blocks happening in the second quarter) in a blowout 106-85 victory against the San Antonio Spurs on February 21, 2014.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- "Player Bio: Ishmael Smith". Wake Forest Demon Deacons Athletics. Retrieved 27 October 2010.
- "Rockets Ink Ish". NBA.com. August 23, 2010. Retrieved February 20, 2013.
- Rockets assign Ishmael Smith to D-League
- Rockets re-assign Ishmael Smith to D-League
- Rockets trade Shane Battier to Grizzlies; Hasheem Thabeet to Rockets
- Grizzlies waive Ish Smith
- Warriors Awarded Guard Ish Smith Off Waivers
- Monta Ellis, Warriors cruise by Knicks minus Stephen Curry
- Warriors Waive Guard Ish Smith
- Magic Sign Ish Smith
- "Bucks Acquire J.J. Redick, Gustavo Ayon and Ish Smith from Magic". NBA.com. February 21, 2013. Retrieved February 24, 2013.
- Suns Trade for Kravtsov, Smith From Bucks
- "Phoenix Suns point guard Smith stands strong in faith".