|No. 5 – Philadelphia 76ers|
July 5, 1988 |
Charlotte, North Carolina
|Listed height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Listed weight||175 lb (79 kg)|
|High school||Central Cabarrus
(Concord, North Carolina)
|College||Wake Forest (2006–2010)|
|NBA draft||2010 / Undrafted|
|2011||→Rio Grande Valley Vipers (D-League)|
|2011–2012||Golden State Warriors|
|2014–2015||Oklahoma City Thunder|
|Stats at NBA.com|
Ishmael Larry "Ish" Smith (born July 5, 1988) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for the Philadelphia 76ers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for Wake Forest, finishing second all-time for assists in school history and then went undrafted in the 2010 NBA Draft but was later signed by the Houston Rockets and eventually made it through the season until the trade deadline, when he was traded to the Memphis Grizzlies.
On February 24, 2011, Smith was traded to the Memphis Grizzlies along with teammate Shane Battier in exchange for Hasheem Thabeet, DeMarre Carroll and a future first round draft pick. Smith made 15 appearances for the Grizzlies in the 2010–11 season after the trade, all off of the bench.
Golden State Warriors
On December 14, 2011, Smith was waived by the Grizzlies but was then claimed off waivers by the Golden State Warriors on December 16. On December 28, he started for the Warriors in a win against the New York Knicks in place of the injured Stephen Curry, scoring 11 points, with 6 rebounds and 4 assists. Smith was then waived by the Warriors on January 13, 2012.
On August 29, 2013, Smith and Viacheslav Kravtsov were traded to the Phoenix Suns for Caron Butler. In his third game with the Suns, Smith produced a career-high 8 assists in a 104-98 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans. Smith matched his career high in assists (along with 8 points, 2 rebounds, and 3 steals) in a 116-100 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks on January 4, 2014. Smith was also be the third player to record two 8+ assist games while playing under 20 minutes with the Suns, after the first two players being Jeff Hornacek and Goran Dragić. Smith would then get a new career-high 15 points to go with 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks (with 10 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, and the 2 steals and blocks happening in the second quarter) in a blowout 106-85 victory against the San Antonio Spurs on February 21, 2014.
On July 15, 2014, Smith was waived by the Suns.
Houston Rockets and Oklahoma City Thunder
On November 7, 2014, Smith signed with the Oklahoma City Thunder to help the team deal with numerous injuries. Oklahoma City had to use an NBA hardship exemption in order to sign him as he made their roster stand at 16, one over the allowed limited of 15. After the team's hardship exemption expired, Smith was kept on the roster as the Thunder released Sebastian Telfair instead.
On February 19, 2015, Smith was traded, along with the rights to Latavious Williams, cash considerations and draft considerations, to the New Orleans Pelicans in exchange for further draft considerations. He was subsequently waived by the Pelicans later that day.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- "Player Bio: Ishmael Smith". Wake Forest Demon Deacons Athletics. Retrieved 27 October 2010.
- "Rockets Ink Ish". NBA.com. August 23, 2010. Retrieved February 20, 2013.
- Rockets assign Ishmael Smith to D-League
- Rockets re-assign Ishmael Smith to D-League
- Rockets trade Shane Battier to Grizzlies; Hasheem Thabeet to Rockets
- Grizzlies waive Ish Smith
- Warriors Awarded Guard Ish Smith Off Waivers
- Monta Ellis, Warriors cruise by Knicks minus Stephen Curry
- Warriors Waive Guard Ish Smith
- Magic Sign Ish Smith
- "Bucks Acquire J.J. Redick, Gustavo Ayon and Ish Smith from Magic". NBA.com. February 21, 2013. Retrieved February 24, 2013.
- Suns Trade for Kravtsov, Smith From Bucks
- Quick Hits on Phoenix Suns signing Leandro Barbosa's impact on Christmas, Smith and Goodwin
- Suns Release Ish Smith
- Rockets Add Depth to Roster with Signings
- Rockets Waive Adrien, Clark, Covington, Richmond and Smith
- Thunder Signs Ish Smith
- Thunder release Sebastian Telfair
- "Pelicans Acquire Ish Smith". NBA.com. February 19, 2015. Retrieved February 19, 2015.
- "Pelicans Waive Ish Smith". NBA.com. February 19, 2015. Retrieved February 19, 2015.
- "Sixers Sign Ishmael Smith". NBA.com. February 22, 2015. Retrieved February 22, 2015.
- Raptors top 76ers 114-103, snap 5-game losing streak
- Phoenix Suns point guard Smith stands strong in faith