Ishtam (2012 film)
|Directed by||Prem Nizar|
|Produced by||T. Ramesh|
|Written by||Sampath Nandi|
Balaji Real Media
Ishtam is a Tamil romance film directed by Prem Nizar, starring Vimal and Nisha Aggarwal. A remake of the Telugu film Yemaindi Ee Vela (2010), it is released on 25 May 2012 and received very poor reviews.
Saravanan is modern city guy while Sandhya is village modern girl who came to city to find a job. Sandhya meets Saravanan while going to an interview. At first they had some disagreements and fought. Then, it turn into love and they had a relationship. They decided to marry and their parents did not agree, but they still got married and started to live happily at Saravanan's place. They were happy for few months, but they did start to disagree and fight, so they decided to divorce. Both of them went to their parents house to live separately. Their parents decided to get them a new life partner. At first they agreed with their parents decision. But then the love between Sandhya and Saravanan is rekindled since they miss each other. They decided to cancel their second marriage and live together happily.
- Vimal as Saravanan
- Nisha Aggarwal as Sandhya
- Santhanam as Thiyagu
- Parvati Nifran as Nimisha
- Anoop Kumar as Akash
- Pragathi as Saravanan's Mother
- Pyramid Natarajan as Sandhya's Father
- Uma Padmanabhan as Sandhya's Mother
- Yuvarani as Sandhya's Aunt
- Karate Raja
- Misha Ghoshal as Sandhya's Friend
Yemaindi Ee Vela's remake rights were bought by Balaji Real Media and newcomer Prem Nizar, an erstwhile assistant of director Chakri Toleti was chosen as the director. Ishtam marks an makeover for Vimal, who hitherto played a rural youngster in films like Pasanga, Kalavani and Eththan, featuring him as a "modern, city-based man". Kajal Aggarwal's sister Nisha Aggarwal, who played the female lead in the original, was signed to reprise her role, making her debut in Tamil cinema. The film was launched by mid-August 2011, and filming was completed by late September 2011 in a single schedule.
- "Dhinakku Dhina"
- "Oru Megam"
- "Venna Venna"
- "Enmele Indru"
- "Prithviraj and Vimal clash". Behindwoods. Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- "Ishtam is a failed attempt". in.com. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- "Ishtam to deal with the lives of software professionals | preview - Movies". ChennaiOnline. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- "It's Vimal's 'Ishtam' - Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 16 August 2011. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- "'Ishtam' shooting over! - Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 27 September 2011. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|