|Elevation||4,990 ft (1,520 m)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
Isingiro is a town in Western Uganda. It is the main municipal, administrative and commercial center of Isingiro District and the district headquarters are located there. The district is named after the town.
Isingiro is located approximately 35 kilometres (22 mi), by road, southeast of Mbarara, the largest city in the sub-region. The town of Isingiro is surrounded by the villages of Nyakigera, Gayaza, Rwembwa, Mabona, Kibwera and Rumira. This location lies approximately 300 kilometres (190 mi), by road, southwest of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and its largest city. The coordinates of the town are:0°56'27.0"S, 30°45'06.0"E (Latitude:-0.940825; Longitude:30.751667).
The 2002 national population census estimated the town's population at about 17,000. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of Isingiro at 21,400. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of the town at 22,000.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to the edges of town:
- The headquarters of Isingiro District Administration
- The offices of Isingiro Town Council
- Isingiro Central Market
- A branch of DFCU Bank
- A branch of Centenary Bank.
- "Map Showing Mbarara and Isingiro With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- "Distance Between Isingiro And Kampala With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Isingiro At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Isingiro In 2002, 2010 And 2011". Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 6 June 2014.