|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2008)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013)|
|Origin||Victoria, British Columbia, Canada|
|Genres||Black metal, crust punk|
|Labels||Black Raven, Mercy of Slumber|
Iskra performs and contributes to the anarchist underground musical tradition, which emerged via anarcho-punk in the late 1970s and 1980s with bands like Crass, Amebix, Antisect, and Conflict. By blending elements of crust punk and black metal, Iskra say they have created their own subgenre: "blackened crust".
Lyrically, Iskra's material generally follows in the anarchist punk tradition, with topics including criticism of government, war, economics, social issues such as homophobia, sexism, racism, and the struggles of indigenous peoples. The effects of political organization (both right and left wing) is also a common theme. Some songs discuss the global effects of capitalist institutions such as the World Trade Organization, World Bank, the Central American Free Trade Agreement, the North American Free Trade Agreement and the Independent Task Force on North America.
- Demo (2003)
- Iskra LP (Profane Existence, 2004)
- Fucking Scum cassette (Harsh Brutal Cold Productions, 2004)
- The Terrorist Act EP 7" (Unrest Records, 2005)
- Iskra/Self-Rule Split 7" (Unrest Records, 2005)
- Bring the War Home split CD/LP with Against Empire (Rabid Records, Rodent Popsicle Records, 2006)
- Selected Works compilation of all work excluding Bring the War Home (Profane Existence, 2007)
- Bureval (Black Raven Records, 2009)
- Iskra LP remastered reissue (Mercy of Slumber Records, 2011)
- Iskra/Doom Siren Split LP/cassette (Black Raven Records/Threat to Existence/Eat Lead Records/Anti-Corp, 2011)
- European Tour Demo 2012 LP/CD (self-released, 2012)
- Bureval Demo LP (Echoes From Beneath, 2013)
- Iskra/Ash and Ruin Split 7" (Drop Out Records, 2013)
- Wolf – guitar (2002–present)
- Danielle – vocals (2007–present)
- Cody – drums (2007–present)
- Anatol Anton – guitar (2010–present)
- JP – bass (2011–present)
- Sean – vocals (2003–2004)
- Scott – vocals (2002–2007)
- Mel – vocals (2005)
- Calvert – drums (2002)
- Jasper Van Der Veen – drums (2003–2004)
- Jesse – drums (2004–2006)
- Nick Engwer – guitar (2002–2004)
- Devin – bass (2002–2006, 2008–2009)
- Chris Staples – drums (2007–2008)
- "Iskra Interviews". Archived from the original on June 15, 2006. Retrieved December 11, 2013.
- "Iskra "s/t" LP". Retrieved December 11, 2013.
- "Iskra "Bureval" CS". November 4, 2009. Retrieved December 11, 2013.
- "Official Webpage for Blackened Crust band ISKRA".
- "Composers Who Matter: Wolf Edwards". Retrieved December 11, 2013.