Type of site
|Available in||Arabic, English|
|Owner||Al-Balagh Cultural Society|
|Created by||Yusuf al-Qaradawi|
|Launched||June 24, 1997|
|Revenue||mainly financed by donations and by selling its technical know-how to other Islamic institutions|
The website consists of forums on various issues, such as politics, new Muslims and entertainment, as well as other interactive venues, such as an "Ask the Scholar" section, where visitors can post questions regarding Islam. The Arabic and English sections are tailored to appeal to their respective audiences. In just four years (2000–2003), around 306,691 materials have been published, 233,223 of which are in Arabic while 73,486 are in English.
According to Alexa Internet, IslamOnline.net is ranked #25,438 in the world, according to the three-month rankings, with a bounce rate of roughly 67% (i.e., 67% of visits consist of only one pageview). Visitors spend an average of 44 seconds on each pageview and a total of 90 seconds on the site during each visit. Relative to the overall population of internet users, this site appeals more to Middle Easterners; its audience also tends to consist of higher-income women and college graduates browsing from home and school who have more children. The fraction of visits to Islamonline.net referred by search engines is roughly 29%. Compared to the average internet traffic, IslamOnline.net is popular amongst females, and people aged 70–90.
- "Alexa on IslamOnline.net". Alexa.com. 2010-02-16. Retrieved 2012-07-29.
- Gräf, Bettina (January 2008). "IslamOnline.net: Independent, interactive, popular". Arabmediasociety.com.
- "About Us". Islamonline.net.
- "Home Page". Islamonline.net.
- Habousha, IOL Staff CAIRO, Mostafa (December 29, 2004). "IslamOnline.net Gets ISO Certificate". Islamonline.net.
- "Most Popular In Islam". Alexa.com.
- "Audience Demographics for Islamonline.net". Alexa Internet.