Islam in Moldova
In 2005 the Spiritual Organisation of Muslims in Moldova headed by Talgat Masaev was denied registration despite of the appeal of the Mission to Moldova of the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe.
In March 2011, the Islamic League of Moldova (Liga Islamica din Moldova), an NGO representing Moldova's Muslims, was officially registered by the Moldovan Justice Ministry last month as the first legally recognized Muslim association in Moldova. It had applied for registration in 2008.
Officially there are just 3,000 Muslims living in Moldova. 
- Pew Forum, 2011-01 report
- US department of state
- Forum 18 Search/Archive
- Moldovan Muslim Leader 'Disappointed' By Anti-Islamic Remarks
- Moldovans Rally To Protest Formal Recognition Of Islam
- Conservatives Angered By Moldova's Recognition Of Muslims
- Briefing: Moldova’s Unofficial Muslims
- Moldova: Muslims Vow To Defy "Illegal" Worship Ban
- Report on the Implementation of the Minorities Rights in Moldova
|This Islam by country-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to the Republic of Moldova is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|