Islamic Center of Central Missouri
|Islamic Center of Central Missouri|
|Location||201 S. Fifth St., Columbia|
Friday sermons,(khuṭbah) (lit. narration) are held every week from 1-2pm. Khatib at this Islamic Center is usually a member of the local Muslim community. Sometimes national Muslim speakers are also invited. Prominent khateebs who have spoken at the Islamic Center include Suhaib Webb.
Every Spring, the mosque holds an open house where followers of other faiths are invited to visit the center, learn more about Islam and ask questions about the faith and its tenets. Free mediterranean food, appetizers, dessert and refreshments are provided to visitors. Visitors can also pick up free reading material on Islam and the Muslim faith.
- Long, Jennifer (1 June 2012). "Islamic Center Works for Understanding". KOMU. Retrieved 2 June 2012.
- "Voice of an American Muslim". Suhaib Webb.
- "islamic-center-sponsors-open-house". The Maneater. April 19, 2005. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- "islamic-center-holds-open-house". Columbia Missourian. April 20, 2009. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- Assouad, Grace (April 20, 2007). "islamic-center-hold-its-annual-open-house". Columbia Missourian. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- "eid-al-fitr-marks-end-ramadan". Columbia Missourian. September 9, 2010. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- "mso-islamic-center-central-missouri-celebrate-eid-". The Maneater. November 19, 2010. Retrieved 20 May 2012.