Islamic Commission of Spain
|Founder||FEERI & UCIDE|
|Key people||Mr Mohamed Hamed Ali
Sir Riaj Tatary
Islamic Commission of Spain (Spanish: Comisión Islámica de España) is the legitimate representative organ of Islam and Muslims before the citizenship and the Administration for the representation, negotiation, signature and follow-up on the Islam - State agreements adopted in Law 26/1992. The Islamic Commission of Spain meets periodically with representatives of the Administration in the Mixed Paritary Commission; in addition to the conjunctural communications with the Ministry of the Presidency on legislative initiatives, and with the Main Directorate of Religious Affairs of the Ministry of Justice.
In 1967 the first law allowing Muslims to organize themselves, after a gap of centuries, was promulgated in Spain, leading to the establishment in 1968 of the first local Muslim Association in Spain in Melilla, and in 1971, the first national association, the Association of Muslims in Spain (AME), which has its headquarters in Madrid. Under the Spanish Constitution the Statutory Law of Religious Freedom is promulgated, now in force, and the Union of Islamic Communities of Spain was constituted (UCIDE), as well as the Spanish Federation of Islamic Religious Entities (FEERI), which together constitute the Islamic Commission of Spain (CIE), which is a member of the Muslim Council for Cooperation in Europe (MCCE) in Brussels, which is a consultative body to the European Union.
The direction of CIE is made up by the presidents of these two federations, UCIDE and FEERI:
- Vice-president (by the FEERI): Mr Mohamed Hamed Ali, chairman of the Muslim Community of Ceuta, and president of the FEERI.
- President (by the UCIDE): Sir Riaj Tatary, commander of the Meritorious Civil Service Order, and vice-president of the MCCE.
- Islam in Spain
- Muslim Executive of Belgium
- Central Council of Muslims in Germany
- French Council of the Muslim Faith
- Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Muslim Council of Britain
- Muslim Council of Sweden
- Union of Islamic Communities of the Basque Country (UCIDPV)
- Union of Islamic Communities of Spain (UCIDE) (Spanish)