Islamic Relief USA
Islamic Relief USA (IRUSA), based in Alexandria, Virginia, is a non-profit 501(c)(3) humanitarian agency and member of the Islamic Relief Worldwide family. In addition to international relief and development initiatives, Islamic Relief USA also sponsors and funds domestic projects ranging from emergency disaster responses to assisting the American homeless population and supporting those who cannot afford basic healthcare. Besides the Virginia headquarters, IRUSA maintains regional offices in California, Illinois, New Jersey and Texas.
During the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, IRUSA hosts 'Day of Dignity' where volunteers distribute food, medical care, hygiene kits, blankets, clothing and more to homeless and needy persons across the U.S.
- "Islamic Relief USA Written Statement U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions" (PDF). Islamic Relief USA. 2006-03-07. Retrieved 2009-10-07.[dead link]
- "Obama Administration To Highlight Interfaith Volunteerism". The Washington Post. 2009-08-31. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- "Muslims Put Faith Into Action For Ramadan". The Christian Science Monitor. 2006-10-19. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- "LDS, Islamic Leaders Share Relief Efforts". Mormons Serving Worldwide. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- "Charity Navigator Rating - Islamic Relief USA". Charity Navigator. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- "Equal Exchange Announces its 11th Interfaith Partnership: Islamic Relief USA". The Corporate Social Responsibility Wire. 2006-10-06. Retrieved 2009-10-07.