Islamic Society of Greater Dayton
|Islamic Society of Greater Dayton|
The Islamic Society of Greater Dayton (ISGD) is a Sunni Muslim community organization based in Dayton, Ohio. The organization includes a mosque on Josie Street. Regular activities at the mosque include worship services, outreach, language classes, and religious classes.
In September 2008, two attackers reportedly sprayed a chemical agent into the windows of the Josie Street mosque during a Ramadan worship service. Worshipers left in discomfort. The incident was investigated as a possible hate crime. The attack followed the distribution of Obsession, an anti-Islamic movie, in the Dayton region.
- Moss, Meredith (4 September 2010). "Thriving Dayton mosques welcome visitors of all faiths". Dayton Daily News. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Nagel, Kyle (27 September 2008). "Chemical irritant empties Islamic Society of Greater Dayton's mosque". Dayton Daily News.
- "MPAC Calls on FBI & Justice Dept to Investigate Chemical Irritant Sprayed into Ohio Mosque". Muslim Public Affairs Council. 29 September 2008. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "Islamic Society of Greater Dayton: Cemetery". ISGD website. Islamic Society of Greater Dayton. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Kelley, Jeremy (18 September 2008). "Thriving Dayton mosques welcome visitors of all faiths". Dayton Daily News.
- "Sugarcreek Township: Community Development: New Construction". Sugarcreek Township.Com. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
|This article about an Islamic organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|