Islamic University College, Ghana
|Islamic University College, Ghana|
|President||Dr. Ahmed Ali Ghane|
|Location||East Legon, Greater Accra Region, Ghana|
|Affiliations||University of Ghana, Islamic College for Advanced Studies|
The Islamic University College, Ghana is one of the private universities in Ghana. It is located at East Legon in the Greater Accra Region. It was established in 1988 as a training institute for Islamic Theology and named the Ahlul Bait Islamic School.  This was under the sponsorship of the The Ahlul Bait Foundation of the Islamic Republic of Iran. It was granted accreditation provisionally in 2001 and finally in 2002.
The university has four departments.
Department of Business Administration
- B.A. degree programme in Business Administration (Accounting, Banking & Finance and Marketing).
Department of Religious Studies
- B.A. degree programme in Religious Studies (Islamic Option).
Department of Computing
- B.Sc. Management Information Systems
Department of Languages
- B.A. Communication Studies (Journalism, Public Relations, Advertising)
- "Our History". official website. Islamic University College, Ghana. 2006. Retrieved 2007-03-15.[dead link]
- "Accredited Institutions - University Colleges". Official Website. National Accreditation Board - Ghana. 2005. Retrieved 2007-03-16.
- "University of Ghana-Profile of the University-Institutional Affiliations". Official Website. University of Ghana. 2005. Archived from the original on 2007-02-10. Retrieved 2007-03-16.
|This article on a Ghanaian institution of tertiary education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|