|• Member of Legislative Assembly||Rajeev Ranjan|
|Elevation||63 m (207 ft)|
|• Official||Magadhi, Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Islampur is located at  It is situated 65 km (40 mi) from Patna, the capital of Bihar state. It has an average elevation of 63 m (207 ft)..
Islampur is not categorized as a city; politically and demographically it lies between a town and a village, and is therefore called a notified area. It has a municipal council, called Nagar Palika in India, and is also known as Islampur Nagar Panchayat.
Islampur is well connected to Patna, the state capital, by roads and railway lines. Islampur had a narrow gauge railway line since 1922, which was recently converted to a broad gauge line. Islampur is connected directly to New Delhi by the Magadh Express. A new train, the [Hatia-Rajendra Nagar-Islampur] Intercity Express, is also running. Currently two Express trains and two Passenger trains Patna-Islampur & Buxur-Islampur Fast Passanger run on this track. it is also well connected from Gaya Rajgir & Biharshariff by road.
As of 2001[update] India census, Islampur had a population of 200,855. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Islampur has an average literacy rate of 89% : male literacy is 96%, and female literacy is 82%. In Islampur, 19% of the population is under 6 years of age. With economic growth, new businesses are setting up in the area. Vehicle dealerships have opened and a four-lane highway is under construction to Rajgir. Durga Puja is the most popular Hindu ritual festival.
It is a tourist place in the city of Islampur. The site is an antique building and a simili of red fort of Delhi.It was made by a local Jamindar(land lord) Mr Chaudhary Jahur in 1345 and 1842.It was spread over in an area of about 20 acres Prani MAsjid and Bawan Kothri(52 rooms)and Tirpan Darwaja(53 doors) were its attached buildings like Bhool Bhulaiya of Lucknow and Red fort of Delhi.Construction work was done for about 20 years. Mr Jahur Chaudhry had one weakness in him that if some friend of him commented that a particular part of construction was not good , he ordered for breaking of that portion and start reconstruction. That was one of the reasons why this Delhi darbar building could not be completed in full.However remnants of the gigantic palace are still beautiful to look at and worth visit for the tourist.
—≤==School & Colleges==
- Snatak College, Islampur - is the only college of the town located at Murgiachak which is the eastmost colony of the city. As the name says, graduation level courses are available here in science and arts stream in addition to +2 and recently started BCA and BBA courses. Arjun Prasad Sinha is the principle of this non-government college.
- Gandhi Memorial Khankah High School - It is the oldest school of the city (Estd.-1902) having more than 100 years old history.
- Darsgah Islami old and new are the main source of basic education
- Madrasa Mohammadia Bauli Bagh is a great upcomming charitable. It produces a lage number of humen being.
- Netaji Shree Subhash High School,Patna road, Islampur
- Lakshita Printer (Shailender Paswan)
- Dainik Magadh News Paper
- Sarswati Shishu Vidya Mandir, Patel Nagar
- St. Joseph's High School, Gaurav Nagar - This is the only convent school of the area and around,imparting education based on CBSE curriculum.
- Rajkiya Madhya Vidyalaya, Malik Sarai
- Girl High School, Korawan
- Gyanodaya Residential school, Patel Nagar
- School of Science and Technology (SST), Khorampur - located Behind zako market. Kunal Gautam is the director of the school.
- Bright Career Public School, Malik Sarai
- Student Career Public School, Malik Sarai
- Palika Computer Education School, Patna Road
- Bal vidya mandir school, satyarganj
- Maa Saraswati Typing Institute
- NGO-Samagra Gram Swarajya Sangh (VINOBA ASHARAM) RAJIGER ROAD ISLAMPUR NALANDA BIHAR-801303
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc – Islampur
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
Suruchi Pustak Bhandar ,patna road,Islampur
Urmila Pustak Bhandar Patna road Shansha Pustka Bhandar, Rajgir Road