Island Trees Union Free School District
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (April 2010)|
Island Trees Union Free School District is a school district in central Nassau County on Long Island, approximately 31 miles east of New York City. The district includes parts of the following hamlets; Levittown, Bethpage and Seaford.
The Island Trees School District gained notoriety in the United States Supreme Court case Island Trees School District v. Pico regarding censorship of books in school libraries.
The School District dates back to 1902. The district went to the US Supreme Court to defend banning books in Island Trees School District v. Pico.
Elementary schools (K-4)
- J Fred Sparke
- Michael F. Stokes
Middle schools (5-8)
- Island Trees Memorial
High school (9-12)
- Early Childhood Center at the Geneva Gallow School
- Island Trees Public Library
- Musician Eddie Money1967
- Kevin Covais former American Idol contestant who has attended the school from 2004 to 2007
- Donnie J. Klang of Making The Band 42003
- Steven Pico - brought the first case on banning books to the Supreme Court http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island_Trees_School_District_v._Pico
|This New York (state) school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|