Isle of Capri Casinos
|Traded as||NASDAQ: ISLE|
|Headquarters||Creve Coeur, Missouri, United States|
|Revenue||US$1.13 billion (2008)|
|Operating income||-$51.35 million|
|Net income||-$96.87 million|
|Total assets||$2 billion|
|Total equity||$188.01 million|
Isle of Capri Casinos, Inc. is a gaming company headquartered in Creve Coeur, Missouri, in Greater St. Louis which operates casinos and associated entertainment and lodging facilities in the United States and abroad.
Currently operating 16 casinos in seven states across the U.S., Isle of Capri properties have nearly 13 million visitors each year. These properties have a total of about 14,000 slot machines, 350 table games, 2,300 hotel rooms; and three dozen restaurants.
In April 1992 it was renamed Anubis II Corporation. In June 1992 it was renamed again to Casino America, Inc. and began trading on the NASDQ under the ticker symbol CSNO. In 1995 it announced a move to trade to the New York Stock Exchange but that did not happen. In September 1998 it became Capris Casinos, Inc. and changed its ticker symbol to "ISLE."
Goldstein's first casino operations were in the Quad City area of Iowa and Illinois, where Goldstein operated the riverboats Diamond Lady and the Emerald Lady under the corporate name Steamboat Casino Cruises. The two boats, which sailed from Bettendorf, Iowa on April 1, 1991, were the first modern riverboat casinos.
In 2000, Isle of Capri spent $400 million in a multi-part deal to acquire the Lady Luck chain of casinos. Lady Luck Gaming, which owned two adjacent Lady Luck casinos in Lula, Mississippi, one in Natchez, Mississippi, the Miss Marquette casino in Marquette, Iowa, and a half interest in the Lady Luck casino in Bettendorf, Iowa, was bought for $59 million in cash, $177 million in assumed debt, and $22 million to redeem preferred stock. On the same day, Isle of Capri bought the other half of the Bettendorf property from Goldstein's family for $62 million, and the rights to the Lady Luck trademark from Lady Luck's founder, Andrew Tompkins, for $31 million. Six months later, it completed the purchase of the Lady Luck Hotel & Casino in downtown Las Vegas from Tompkins for $14.5 million. The Las Vegas property was sold two years later to a group of real estate investors. The other Lady Luck properties were all rebranded under the Isle of Capri name.
In August 2006, Isle of Capri Casinos moved its headquarters from Biloxi to Creve Coeur, Missouri, a suburb of St. Louis. Missouri had offered $4.2 million in tax incentives to lure the operation. 150 employees moved with the headquarters. Company officials said they were looking for new headquarters after evacuating their building three times in 2004-05 due to hurricanes.
The company competed for a gambling license in Pittsburgh in 2006, offering $290 million toward the construction of a new arena for the Pittsburgh Penguins as an incentive and thus drawing enormous public support in Pittsburgh. The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board nevertheless awarded the license to PITG Gaming Majestic Star instead, who was required to partially fund the building of the new arena, the Consol Energy Center.
On July 1, 2007 Isle of Capri opened a new property in Waterloo, Iowa.
In 2008, the company adopted a two-brand strategy, reviving the Lady Luck name for smaller properties with limited amenities, while keeping the Isle of Capri name for properties with full-service facilities like hotel rooms, convention space, and expanded dining options. The Marquette and Caruthersville casinos were the first to be rebranded as Lady Luck properties.
On December 1, 2010, the Missouri Gaming Commission awarded the company the state's 13th gaming license for a casino project in Cape Girardeau. The casino includes 1,000 slot machines, 28 table games, 3 restaurants, a lounge and terrace overlooking the Mississippi River and a 750-seat event center at an estimated cost of $125 million.
On April 14, 2011, Isle of Capri and Nemacolin Woodlands Resort were selected as the recipients of Pennsylvania's last casino resort license by the state's gaming board. Lady Luck Casino Nemacolin is expected to include 600 slot machines, 28 table games, a casual dining restaurant and lounge.
On October 30, 2012, Isle Casino Cape Girardeau opened to the public.
On July 1, 2013, Lady Luck Casino Nemacolin opened to the public. 
- Isle Casino Cape Girardeau — Cape Girardeau, Missouri
- Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf — Bettendorf, Iowa
- Isle Casino Hotel Black Hawk — Black Hawk, Colorado
- Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo — Waterloo, Iowa
- Isle Casino Racing Pompano Park — Pompano Beach, Florida
- Isle of Capri Casino Kansas City — Kansas City, Missouri
- Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Boonville — Boonville, Missouri
- Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles — Lake Charles, Louisiana
- Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lula — Lula, Mississippi
- Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Natchez — Natchez, Mississippi
- Lady Luck Casino Black Hawk — Black Hawk, Colorado
- Lady Luck Casino Caruthersville — Caruthersville, Missouri
- Lady Luck Casino Marquette — Marquette, Iowa
- Lady Luck Casino Nemacolin — Farmington, Pennsylvania
- Lady Luck Casino Vicksburg — Vicksburg, Mississippi
- Rhythm City Casino — Davenport, Iowa
- Isle of Capri Casinos: NASDAQ:ISLE quotes & news - Google Finance. Finance.google.com (2013-06-06). Retrieved on 2013-07-26.
- Van Der Werf, Martin. "Isle of Capri will move HQ to Creve Coeur." St. Louis Post-Dispatch. January 28, 2006. Third Edition, Business A31. Retrieved on August 19, 2009.
- "IR Contacts." Isle of Capri Casinos. Retrieved on April 11, 2013. "Isle of Capri Casinos, Inc. 600 Emerson Road, Suite 300 Saint Louis, MO 63141"
- International Directory of Company Histories, Vol. 41. St. James Press, 2001
- "Casino America, Inc. Becomes `Isle Of Capri Casinos, Inc.'." PR Newswire. PR Newswire Association LLC. September 25, 1998 Retrieved February 01, 2009 from HighBeam Research: http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-53029175.html
- Isle of Capri Celebrates 10 Years of Business in the Gaming And Entertainment Industry phx.corporate-ir.net
- Gaming Hall of Fame: Bernard Goldstein. Gaming.unlv.edu. Retrieved on 2013-07-26.
- Busby, Charles (March 3, 2000). "Isle joins billion-dollar club". The Sun Herald (Biloxi, MS: via NewsBank). Retrieved 2012-06-16. (subscription required)
- Form 10-K405/A (Report). Isle of Capri Casinos. August 1, 2000. Item 1. Business. http://edgar.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/863015/000086301500000026/0000863015-00-000026.txt. Retrieved 2012-06-16.
- "Company news: Isle of Capri Casinos is in deal to buy Lady Luck Gaming". New York Times. October 7, 1999. Retrieved 2012-06-16.
- Form 10-K405 (Report). Isle of Capri Casinos. July 30, 2001. Liquidity and Capital Resources. http://edgar.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/863015/000086301501500005/0000863015-01-500005.txt. Retrieved 2012-06-16.
- Benston, Liz (October 31, 2002). "Casino changes owners". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved 2012-06-16.
- Form 10-K405 (Report). Isle of Capri Casinos. July 30, 2001. p. 1. http://edgar.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/863015/000086301501500005/0000863015-01-500005.txt. Retrieved 2012-06-24.
- Isle of Capri Casinos, Inc., Provides Update of Hurricanes Rita and Katrina Damage
- Biloxi’s casino blues / QCTimes.com
- Isle of Capris Completes HQ move to Creve Coeur - St. Louis Business Journal - August 14, 2006
- "City, Missouri team up to lure Isle of Capri to Creve Coeur." St. Louis Post-Dispatch (St. Louis, Missouri) (viaKnight-Ridder/Tribune Business News). January 24, 2006. Retrieved February 01, 2009 from HighBeam Research: http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-141196188.html - "Missouri and Creve Coeur are offering more than $4.2 million in tax incentives to lure the corporate headquarters of Isle of Capri Casinos Inc. from its home in Biloxi, Miss., said Mark Perkins, the city's administrator." and "Isle of Capri is fleeing the frequent hurricanes of the Gulf Coast region, Haynes said. The company had to evacuate its headquarters three times between the autumns of 2004 and 2005 -- shutting down finance and information systems for all of its properties in the process."
- "PITG wins slots casino license for North Side", Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, December 20, 2006
- Form 10-K (Report). Isle of Capri Casinos. June 25, 2009. p. 2. http://edgar.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/863015/000104746909006505/a2193533z10-k.htm. Retrieved 2012-06-24.
- Form 10-K (Report). Isle of Capri Casinos. June 25, 2009. p. 7. http://edgar.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/863015/000104746909006505/a2193533z10-k.htm. Retrieved 2012-06-24.
- Stutz, Howard (June 9, 2010). "Isle of Capri completes $80 million casino purchase". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2012-06-13.
- Isle of Capri Casinos - Investor Relations - News Release. Phx.corporate-ir.net (2010-12-01). Retrieved on 2013-07-26.
- Isle of Capri & Nemacolin Woodlands Casino Resort Project Selected by... - FAYETTE COUNTY, Pa., April 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/. Prnewswire.com. Retrieved on 2013-07-26.
- Isle of Capri Casinos - Investor Relations - News Release. Phx.corporate-ir.net (2012-10-15). Retrieved on 2013-07-26.
- Perez, Mary (November 29, 2012). "Landry's Golden Nugget buys Isle Casino Biloxi". Sun Herald (Biloxi). Retrieved 2012-11-30.