From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up isolation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Isolation may refer to:
Sciences, including formal sciences and applied sciences 
- Isolation (health care)
- Isolation (psychology)
- Isolation level, in database systems
- Isolation tank
- Galvanic isolation
- Reproductive isolation, in population genetics, prevents members of two different species cross or mate and produce offspring
- Topographic isolation
- Vibration isolation, in engineering
- Isolated system, in thermodynamics
- Isolating language
- Uncontacted tribes, people in isolation from the outside world
- Isolation effect, also known as the Von Restorff effect, a psychological effect of distinctive items more easily 'remembered'
In film 
In music 
- Isolation (Carpathian album), 2008
- Isolation (Fear My Thoughts album), 2008
- Isolation (Toto album), 1984
- "Isolation" (Alter Bridge song), 2010
- "Isolation" (Joy Division song), 1980
- "Isolation" (Kreator song), 1995
- "Isolation" (John Lennon song), 1970
In other uses 
See also 
- All pages beginning with "Isolation"
- All pages with titles containing "Isolation"
- Isolate (disambiguation)
- Insulation (disambiguation)
- Social isolation
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.