Israel–North Korea relations
Israeli-North Korean relations are very hostile, and North Korea does not recognise the state of Israel, denouncing it as an "imperialist satellite". Since 1988 it recognises the sovereignty of the State of Palestine over the territory held by Israel.
Over the years, North Korea has supplied missile technology to Israel's neighbours, including Iran, Syria, Libya, and Egypt. Syria, which has a history of confrontations with Israel, has long maintained a relationship with North Korea based on the cooperation between their respective nuclear programs. On September 6, 2007, the Israeli Air Force conducted airstrike "Operation Orchard" on a target in the Deir ez-Zor region of Syria. According to media reports, 10 North Koreans who "had been helping with the construction of a nuclear reactor in Syria" were killed during the airstrike.
When North Korea opened up for Western tourists in 1986 it excluded citizens of Israel along with those of Japan, the United States, and France. Israel has called for world action against North Korea's nuclear weapons programme. It has been suggested that North Korea has sought to model its nuclear weapons programme on Israel's, as "a small-state deterrent for a country surrounded by powerful enemies; to display enough activity to make possession of a nuclear device plausible to the outside world, but with no announcement of possession: in short, to appear to arm itself with an ultimate trump card and keep everyone guessing whether and when the weapons might become available."
"This axis of evil that includes North Korea, Syria and Iran, it's the biggest threat to the entire world".
- Foreign relations of Israel
- Foreign relations of North Korea
- North Korea-South Korea relations
- Iran-North Korea relations
- Iran-Israel relations
- Haggard, M (1965). "North Korea's International Position". Asian Survey (in English) (California, United States: University of California Press) 5 (8): 375–388. doi:10.2307/2642410. ISSN 0004-4687. OCLC 48536955.
- Potential Threats To Israel: North Korea
- North Korea supplying weapons to six Mideast states - Haaretz
- The Daily Star - Politics - Israel: North Korea shipping WMDs to Syria
- North Koreans May Have Died in Israel Attack on Syria, NHK Says - Bloomberg
- Koh, B (1988). "North Korea in 1987: Launching a New Seven-Year Plan". Asian Survey (in English) (California, United States: University of California Press) 28 (1): 62–70. doi:10.1525/as.1988.28.1.01p0121e. ISSN 0004-4687. OCLC 48536955.
- Israel demands world 'respond decisively' to North Korea nuclear test - Haaretz
- Cha, Victor (2002). "North Korea's Weapons of Mass Destruction: Badges, Shields, or Swords?". Political Science Quarterly (in English) (New York, United States: The Academy of Political Science) 117 (2): 209–230. doi:10.2307/798181. ISSN 0032-3195. OCLC 39064101.
- Israel Minister: Iran, Syria, And North Korea Are New 'Axis Of Evil'
- "Hamas and North Korea in secret arms deal". Daily Telegraph. 26 July 2014. Retrieved 15 August 2014.