From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Israel in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Look up ישראל in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Israel is a state in Western Asia located on the eastern edge of the Mediterranean Sea established in 1948.
Israel or Izrael may also refer to:
- The biblical patriarch Jacob, renamed as such
- The Israelites in antiquity, the descendants of Jacob/Israel
- By extension, the Jewish people
- Israel (region), The geographic region between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River, and various adjoining lands.
- A historical state, see Kingdom of Israel (disambiguation):
- Kingdom of Israel (united monarchy) (1020 BCE - 931 BCE), the kingdom established by the Israelites and uniting them under a single king
- Kingdom of Israel (Samaria) (931 BCE - 722 BCE), the secessionist kingdom of northern Israelites
- The state ruled by the Hasmoneans or "Maccabees" (140–37 BCE), primarily known as Judea (or cognates) but also called Israel in the First Book of Maccabees
- The state ruled by Herod the Great and his heirs (37–4 BCE), primarily known as Judea (or cognates) but also called Israel in the Gospels and Acts
- Israel, West Virginia, an unincorporated community
- Israel (name), a given name and family name
- "Israel" (song), a 1980 song by Siouxsie & the Banshees
- Izrael (band), a Polish reggae band
- "Israel", a jazz composition by John Carisi
- Israel Kamakawiwoʻole, a Hawaiian musician.
- Israel (song), a song by Delfin Quishpe
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.