Israeli Association for International Studies
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2012)|
The Israeli Association for International Studies (IAIS) is an independent and apolitical association, which encompasses academic staff, researchers, practitioners and research students from Israeli higher education institutions. The IAIS was established to promote and engage with the issues relating to the teaching and researching the field of international studies, as well as to strengthen the dialogue between the academia and the policy and security communities in Israel. The IAIS wishes also to strengthen its relations with other international association.
The Annual Convention
The association conducts an annual convention, which provides a meeting point for researchers and practitioners. The annual convention consists of panels of local and international experts, and in a large array of subject-matters. Prizes and awards are announced during the convention. Moreover, young researchers are given the opportunity to present their research in a variety of forums, as events during the convention offer a learning ground and introduce the field to a new generation of young researchers and students. The goal of the convention is to promote the future of international studies in Israel. The convention enables local and international scholars to meet and cooperate. The annual convention's key event is 'the state of the discipline', which analyzes the main research trends in the field.
Prizes and awards
- Best Paper Award- In the annual convention an award in memory of Doctor Gil Friedman is given to the best paper in the field of international studies, broadly defined.
- Best Doctorate Award- In the annual convention an award is given to the best doctorate in the field of international studies. The award is given to a research student for his/her PhD dissertation in the broader field of IR theory and practice.
- Lifetime Achievement Award - In the annual convention a Lifetime Achievement Award is given to a scholar or practitioner for a lifetime contribution to the field of international studies in Israel and the world.
- The Award for Outstanding Service in the Field of International Studies in Israel- In the annual convention an award is given to a decision maker, a journalist or practitioner for promoting the practice and awareness in the field of international studies in Israel.
President and Board of Directors
Board of Directors: Dr. Guy Ben-Porat, Ben-Gurion University. Prof. Michael Gross[disambiguation needed], University of Haifa. Dr. Arie Geronik, The Open University. Dr. Lesley G. Terris, Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) Herzliya. Dr. Ephraim Kahana, Western Galilee College. Dr. Oded Löwenheim, Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Dr. Ben D Mor, University of Haifa. Moran Mandelbaum, University of Bristol. Prof. Avi Kover, Bar Ilan University. Nadav Kedem, University of Haifa. Dr. Sharon Pardo, Ben-Gurion University. Prof. Frish Hillel, Bar Ilan University. Dr. Tal Sadeh, Tel Aviv University.
Audit Committee: Dr. Galia Press-BarNatan, Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Dr. Ranan Kuperman, University of Haifa.
- The Global Scholar Scholar Knowledge Initiative (GSKI).
- The Strategic Image Laboratory (SIL)- conducts simulations in a variety of scenarios from the field of International Relations.